General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:20 PM

This is what I used...

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Nice Vince, keep us posted on that kit!

Not much for me today. Off to the heart doctor for a check up, that in itself is a four hour waiting room stress test!
Hope the doctors appointment went well Oldblue. I am always afraid of what they might tell. me. I guess its better to know than not know.

I used this Meguires kit.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Pretty happy with the results. Does anyone use anything other than wax on their hedlights to keep them from hazing?
Old 05-12-2015, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by VinceP
Pretty happy with the results. Does anyone use anything other than wax on their hedlights to keep them from hazing?
Not sure wax is appropriate with the high temps involved, in fact, that might be the root problem. I.E.: drive through carwashes,

I would stick with Mario Andretti (Rain-X), or a similar silicone product. for headlights anyway. I don't like it for windshields, mine is always too pitted, makes it worse.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by black Tara
How often do you think the cabin air filter should be changed?
Tim
I wonder if it's in the Owners Manual? (yes)
Old 05-12-2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
That's a spiffy dash cover there Oldblue.

The Remembrance Day Poppy is a nice touch, this being the second year of the WWI centenary observations, we can't forget the valient and selfless bravery demonstrated by Canadian soldiers.

Made me think of my Great Uncle Donald (dad's side), who was in the Canadian Army , my grandfather (on my mother's side) was in the American Expeditionary Force). He told, in his Scots accent about ripping the skin off his lip trying to smoke his tobacco ration, the Americans didn't get that.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Not sure wax is appropriate with the high temps involved, in fact, that might be the root problem. I.E.: drive through carwashes,

I would stick with Mario Andretti (Rain-X), or a similar silicone product. for headlights anyway. I don't like it for windshields, mine is always too pitted, makes it worse.
Thanks donbrew. This is the first time I have actually put wax on them and that was only because I just polished them. As far as an automatic car wash, this little HHR has never seen one. Only hand washes. The hazing is from the Houston hot summers. Paint shows evidence of it as well. Hopefully will have it repainted in the next year or so.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member

I use 303 Protectant(it has a UV block in it) on the clear lens of all my cars........for about 10-12 years now.....once or twice a year. Originally found it for Marine use. Many people along the "left coast" have been using it for years. Never had to buff them out. But your results may be different.

VinceP.....really big difference, nice job. Does Meguires suggest anything, in their instructions, after cleaning?
Old 05-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Thanks Snoopy. I will search some out.

Nothing on the box about adding anything afterwards. Just want to try and keep it that way as long as possible.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 PM

Brake upgrade!

Replaced front brakes with Cross Drilled Rotors and Ceramic Pads.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:47 AM

I have always waxed the headlights on my vehicles. I've never had a problem with any of them getting hazy.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Well, now Vince those lights look very clean now!
The Dr has ordered an MRI up, still has me off work and is considering pulling my driver's license, again!
I'm going to try that light cleaning kit, I have a new set of stock headlights to go in this year but might hold off if the originals clean up that nice!

Don, I get your Uncle's reference to the cold!
Today would have been my fathers 91 st birthday.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?