General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
With the gasket in place and the bolts drawn up, that gap will be a non-issue nrvous1.

Post up some pics when you get it installed, we like pictures!
Thanks for fixing the picture link 843de. I wasn't sure how to direct link the picture in the post.

I'll definately be taking a bunch of pics of the install and finished product now that I figured out how to resize my pics for uploading. It was simple as setting my camera to 2mp instead of 16mp.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Today a ride to Hamilton, more blood work for Sweetie!!

I'm mulling over a new grille this time bright chrome with the bars painted Victory red!
Or maybe Imperial Blue!? And spray the door handles Imperial Blue also!?
Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?-image.jpeg  
Old 12-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Deceased

geg my friend, so good hearing from you, and I'm very happy to see your HHR is still cruising the snowy roads in Mother Russia.

Ron, all I can say is whew! What a struggle you had to go through, super glad to hear you'll be back on the road soon!

No problem nrvous1, photo fixing is part of the job, as far as the Sensors...I'd go with ZZP's advice.

How about a chrome surround with the three center grille bars done in IBM with a Victory Red Bowtie front and rear to match your rims Oldblue?

My "Herd 'O HHR's" stayed parked all day, just a taking care of my Sweetie.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Administrator

She who must be obeyed, has requested the chrome grille be Victory red to match the rear bowtie from Bob! That paint I can get here the IBM is more expensive I have to order from the USA! She has a great reason! I'm an old fart and the red grille helps me find my HHR in the parking lot!!
The door handles she wants IBM, I showed her how they look on a 2LT at the local GM dealer, she likes it!

Today I took a ride to St Catherine's for a Dr. Appointment, still no idea what is causing my chest wall issues , from 2 MRI's , yeah!

nrvous1 plug the hole like ZZP says.

geg! Beauty weather , we haven't got our snow yet, it's on back order thanks to EL Nino or global warming! Like we humans can control the climate, ice ages come and go!

Ron, chin up your ride will be as good as new soon!

Mike, take good care of Michelle, now Ya'hear!! Maybe just order in Jimmy John's for lunch, that way you will stay out of the laws reach!!
Old 12-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Premium Member

Changed out the passenger side wheel hub and bearing. Job was fairly easy using Smoke Wagon's how to. Thank You. Bit of a pain dislodging hub flange from the steering knuckle, had to use a BFH to accomplish. All in all a pretty easy job.

Last edited by the_shmoo; 12-11-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Administrator

The BFH works if you can get a swing at it , swing for the cheap seats!! I used my trusty air chisel, that little rattle pops it loose without hitting things like the LCA or your thumb or fingers!!
Old 12-11-2015, 02:19 AM
Deceased

Our did was cranking up the '11 2LT and heading to the hosptal for Michelle's scheduled blood transfusion, as rough as the Chemo has been on her, that fresh fill of "Go Go Juice" was like installing a Nitrous kit.

She's feeling 100% better despite the bruises and stitches still remaining from her fall on Sunday.

Of course "The Hanger Queen" AKA the 2011 had to chuck a code on the way home, P0455 says the Tech II, a project for the weekend says me.

Despite being the youngest of my herd, and the fanciest since I ordered it up with every option box checked, the '11 has been a problem child since day 1 when we discovered Chevy goofed and instead of the proper spare tire, etc. It came in with the Styrofoam tray, dinky compressor, and can of GM issue Fix-A-Flat. So we robbed the spare, jack, lug wrench, and hold down hardware from a stock unit.

Then at the tender age of three weeks, the shift cable snapped leaving it jammed in Park.

Hmm...shmoo & Oldblue, even with all of mankind's advancements, nothing can substitue for a bit of brute force and a bloody great hammer sometimes. Machines just don't ever get it, Humans always have a bigger hammer.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Premium Member

Yea, what a little dab of anti-seize would do during assembly on steel to aluminium.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:57 PM
Administrator

A scuff with a wire brush to the hole in the knuckle and a slight slathering of never cease and it's good for two or three years till the next hub change!

Today a ride to Hamilton for Sweeties blood work , looks like she'll be getting her 3rd round of chemo on Tuesday of next week or maybe Thursday .

The ride was smooth , the exhaust was quite but growled abit when passing and taking it up to 4,000 rpm.
The tune is in the Crank IT Up sub in the Lounge!!

It Friday you know what to do at 6:00 pm !!!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Deceased

Crank It tune ready to go Oldblue!

Michelle felt chipper enough today to come along as Dusty and I played "Chase The Snap-On Tools Man", my faithful (Jack, 4 Ton, Model YA657C) raised the '11 three inches this morning before throwing up its...umm...hands and letting the HHR sink slowly back down.

So a few phone calls later, I found the Snap-On Man at the local Nissan dealership and told him to hang on fifteen minutes because I needed a G4230S-088 Seal/Rebuild Kit.

Michelle said "hang on you two, I need some fresh air and ice cream, so I'm coming along", so after giving $58 to the Snap-On Man(who was pretty sure Dusty would not leave his truck, my son has a thing for nice tools too), we headed off for ice cream in the '06.

My Sweetie snarfed down a triple scoop chocolate cone that I wouldn't have attempted, it's so good seeing her starting to bounce back.

And you know Oldblue, it's just a matter of time before your Sweetie is bouncing back too, give her our best...and throw in a hug and a kiss too OK.

You two, and our Technical Moderator donbrew are in our thoughts and Prayers always, and that extends to all of our Family Members here.

HHR's aside, we have an amazing community here, and I'm proud and pleased to see that folks pull together for each other.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?