General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by J W Davis
I just bought two new FOBS on E Bay last month and placed my old board and battery in the new case with new buttons....all ok now.
How old were the batteries? Mine I think were 7 yrs.
Post the link where you bought them.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox
In Idaho we have a large High Quality Car Wash that gives you the option of purchasing 4 different levels of Wash.
For about a buck and a half you can add an underbody heavy spray wash that hits the undercarriage.
It is the best overall Car Wash I have ever used.

Silverfox
Oil spray isn't washing... It's an oil based rust proofing.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
How old were the batteries? Mine I think were 7 yrs.
Post the link where you bought them.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/keylessking...88.m1543.l2754
This is the best I can do, I'm not a good computer user.
Ebay seller name Keylessking

I went back to Ebay and looked at my purchases this year to get thin info, I hope it helps.

I always replace batteries at first sign of trouble. I just wanted to fix the FOB problem I was having just like you have without having to get them programmed and quick fix.

I found the exact page where I found mine with part numbers:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/keylessking...72.m2749.l2654
Old 11-20-2017, 04:34 AM

JW thanks bought mine here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/291211553429
Old 11-20-2017, 06:23 AM

Someone posted the link here about Keyless fix. It is a company in Canada that makes an insert that fits our remotes. It is an insert that goes between the rubber pad and the circuit board. It works as all four of ours have been fixed this way and a whole lot cheaper this way.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Jacked up HHR, had a look at the quick(??) connect fittings, can’t get them to disconnect.
The two larger ones on the evap won’t release, the fuel line headed to the fuel rail won’t release.
The HHR is sitting in the driveway, almost empty of fuel, the new pump arrived, as we know , no instructions for the level sender.
It figures my line tools don’t work on the fuel or evap lines.
Need a little help here folks, I don’t want to have problems with broken fittings.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-20-2017, 01:28 PM

Blue I looked at YouTube for a Cobalt. There is a lock release on the line. These same type was/is used on 3116/C7 Cat engines which I worked on many of. Press to unlock the line with your fingers, twist and pull. There is a nylon o ring inside the line end that can stick. Sometimes with the lock released move the connector in and out while twisting. And yeah I did struggle with a few of them.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Thanks , I watched this, however the lines are different on the HHR, there is no inline fuel filter, the connections at the EVAP valve are different also.
I’m going tomorrow to my friends shop in Niagara Falls to discuss with him, and what tools he has for the job.
Maybe he’ll have pity on my sorry butt, and put it on the hoist to do the job for a nominal fee.

Did you notice how the gleaned over the fuel level sending unit transfer from the OEM pump ?
Old 11-20-2017, 02:40 PM

Blue you don't plastic lines as a connection? When you look at the connector there are no tabs to push in? Are you saying they look more like a Ford, where you have to use a release tool?
Here's a person from this site that changed a EVAP purge solenoid and I see where you have to squeeze the tabs to release the lines.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...acement-44780/
Old 11-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Well alrighty then, my old brain was bleed if all air pockets ( brain fart) and today I went out and tackled the job myself, taking breaks every 10 minutes or so. I lubed the exhaust hangers with some good old WD 40, and thought, hmm would a squirt in these line connections help?
Well just a spritz was all that was required, I had gone out this morning to visit my friend and he said you might need the plastic little tool to get the fuel line off, but the others are just simply push in the fittings on the white tabs and pull gently.
Well after the lube spray they squeezed like he said they would and came off.
As for the level sender wiring , I just disconnected one at a time and followed the to the correct PIN number and transferred the sender it works, the HHR started up immediately.
Not a hard job but then again, I could have waited two or three weeks for Dan my wrench , he’s on vacation in Hawaii! Something about turning 50, the wee lamb’s just a baby!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?