General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 03:20 AM

Drove the panel up to Wallaceburg to pickup a good set of chrome rims and some decent rubber for the wife's 2010. Nice little 3.5 hour tour.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:58 AM

Made an appointment to put the HHR in the body shop last week. It's going to be a couple of months before it gets in. Not a lot of people taking up the trade these days.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member

Was at our first car show of the year yesterday... Awesome, so many rides been put up over winter, the turn out was massive..
Old 04-29-2019, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by JimDaddyo
Made an appointment to put the HHR in the body shop last week. It's going to be a couple of months before it gets in. Not a lot of people taking up the trade these days.
"My Guy" has been in the biz over 45 years... honesty don't know what I'll do when he dies or finally retires. Been use to taking him anything.... trucks, truck parts, cars, motorcycles, lawn mowers, an old milk can the wife fell in love with anything, telling him want I need and coming back in a week or so and paying him for another job well done.

I doubt I will find another guy like him.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:15 AM

Mini road trip adventure over the weekend. Started with getting new radio. Guess I'm old school, but it's difficult to navigate LOL. Then cruised on over to HWY55 50's diner for burgers and milkshakes. Excellent food. Then checked-out some rough & tumble Roller Derby! Those gals are pretty tough!

Old 04-29-2019, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Drove out to Mesa to visit the gravesite and clean the headstone.of the one whom I was married to for 18 years.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lonwane
Drove out to Mesa to visit the gravesite and clean the headstone.of the one whom I was married to for 18 years.

I've thought of things being that way a few times I'm 42 my wife is 18, how crazy life can be sometimes..

After putting ac delco plugs and cleaning maf I'm now at 13.5mpg this is crazy runs good but no idea why its burning so much gas,keep on goin something has to come up eventually smh..

No hhr pics this time had to leave it outside and detail some customers junks..

I know ,I know hhr is nicer then both of these.lol
Old 05-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lonwane
Lonwane- Sorry to learn of your loss. Nice you are caring for things in remembrance.

Nothing exciting for my HHR today.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:10 PM

A little repainting

My panel was getting one of her rear doors repainted today. I had vinyl lettering for my business removed from the rear doors and quarter panels since I no longer need it. All came off smoothly except for the rear driver side door panel. It was the side facing the sun most of the hot days and the detail shop said the vinyl had melted into the paint after eight years. So the paint came off in some areas of the door panel right down to the metal. I couldn't fault them, they warned me that it may happen and that they weren't responsible. The paint guy said he'd have no problem blending the paint with the rest of the panel because it was in great condition for the age, but we'll see. I should be able to pick it up on Friday.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Musky
My panel was getting one of her rear doors repainted today. I had vinyl lettering for my business removed from the rear doors and quarter panels since I no longer need it. All came off smoothly except for the rear driver side door panel. It was the side facing the sun most of the hot days and the detail shop said the vinyl had melted into the paint after eight years. So the paint came off in some areas of the door panel right down to the metal. I couldn't fault them, they warned me that it may happen and that they weren't responsible. The paint guy said he'd have no problem blending the paint with the rest of the panel because it was in great condition for the age, but we'll see. I should be able to pick it up on Friday.

Nice simple easy jobs are nice, mine was in need of attention too when I got it.. post pics when done,everuone has pics of cars that need work..

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?