General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 10:25 PM

Installed zzp s2 cams, taller lash adjusters, upgraded timing guide bolts and retimed it today. Just need to change the fluids tomorrow afternoon, finish putting it back together, retune and then its all set to go racing saturday

Magnetic drain plugs save lives

Taller lash adjusters

Zzp s2 cams

Ati super damper underdrive pulley
Old 07-03-2020, 09:02 AM

Covered up some rust spots on the bottom of the door. Terrible colour match. Looking at trading it in on a used pickup. Between planning on moving and my woodworking, expected renovations and such a pickup seems to be the most logical choice. After 12 years with the HHR I will miss it. Only 152,000 kms on it, it's time to think about saying goodbye to an old friend.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Jim , rent the truck or a dumpster, the HHR is great in fuel, comfort, easy to get in and out of, maybe sell it and buy another lower mileage one , but the extra fuel in that pickup will set you back , just my 2 cents.

Today rolled back to the mil’s house, more water in the basement, why? Cause she showered and washed the dishes, well that water ended up backing up into the basement via the floor drain.
Ok, so she’s 85 and doesn’t understand plumbing. I reviewed her house insurance policy and she is covered for sewer backup, I called the insurance company, they had a plumber out here in 45 minutes, he snaked out the drain right from the stand pipe clean out to the road , about 130 maybe 150 feet and there is no pipe damage, no root intrusion, it was just household waste clogged in the stack pipe from the washroom on the main floor, whew!! It’s drained out and the insurance company is sending out a clean up crew to wet vacuum the concrete floors and remove any debris.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:07 PM
Premium Member

Glad you got the problem solved.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Thanks, shmoo! The cleaning crew just rolled up the driveway, they’ll wet vac all the floor surfaces, remove any contaminated wood , disinfect those surfaced, pull the appliances and furniture out to the garage and disinfect them, they come back in three days and test the appliances and file a damaged replacement report with the insurance company, wow these guys are good!
Old 07-03-2020, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member

Well s#%d ! Got the --- reading for the front left tire. I guess after 10 years that's the 1st pressure sensor to die. The other 3 I'm sure are not far behind.
Guess I'll be ordering a replacement set of 4.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:58 PM
Administrator

EBay is good , lots of sets of 4 for less then just 1 OEM sensor.

the coil spring mount plates showed up today

Old 07-03-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Jim , rent the truck or a dumpster, the HHR is great in fuel, comfort, easy to get in and out of, maybe sell it and buy another lower mileage one , but the extra fuel in that pickup will set you back , just my 2 cents.

Today rolled back to the mil’s house, more water in the basement, why? Cause she showered and washed the dishes, well that water ended up backing up into the basement via the floor drain.
Ok, so she’s 85 and doesn’t understand plumbing. I reviewed her house insurance policy and she is covered for sewer backup, I called the insurance company, they had a plumber out here in 45 minutes, he snaked out the drain right from the stand pipe clean out to the road , about 130 maybe 150 feet and there is no pipe damage, no root intrusion, it was just household waste clogged in the stack pipe from the washroom on the main floor, whew!! It’s drained out and the insurance company is sending out a clean up crew to wet vacuum the concrete floors and remove any debris.

Where we are looking it looks like a truck will be needed. Perhaps even a 4 x 4. There will be plenty of trips for building supplies to do also. Looking for a fixer upper in Northern Ontario. The rocker panels are just about gone on the HHR, so a good time to change vehicles. I could put a $3500 in body work into it, but then I'd have a $3500 car. I think it's my break even point. After 12 years of enjoying it and fixing a few problems I will miss it for sure. It's been driven gently and serviced well, it's just the body is starting to go in the usual places. I don't feel like being the dog chasing that tail.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Well s#%d ! Got the --- reading for the front left tire. I guess after 10 years that's the 1st pressure sensor to die. The other 3 I'm sure are not far behind.
Guess I'll be ordering a replacement set of 4.
FMG- Join the club, I just had a 2nd go out, my ride was built in Nov 2007. So new tires & sensors are on the list.

Originally Posted by JimDaddyo
Where we are looking it looks like a truck will be needed. Perhaps even a 4 x 4. There will be plenty of trips for building supplies to do also. Looking for a fixer upper in Northern Ontario. The rocker panels are just about gone on the HHR, so a good time to change vehicles. I could put a $3500 in body work into it, but then I'd have a $3500 car. I think it's my break even point. After 12 years of enjoying it and fixing a few problems I will miss it for sure. It's been driven gently and serviced well, it's just the body is starting to go in the usual places. I don't feel like being the dog chasing that tail.
JimDaddyo- I agree with your logic. Sometimes we just have to punt.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sleeper
FMG- Join the club, I just had a 2nd go out, my ride was built in Nov 2007. So new tires & sensors are on the list.
Since I'm not in need of new tires just yet, I'm going to try plan B. I'll get 4 new sensors. I'll take 1 and put it in the left front with the old tire. The other 3 sensors will be on standby----in the glove box. MAYBE I won't need those until it's time for new tires. (or did I just jinx myself ? )

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?