General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Thanks, I’ve used Dawn as that lubricant for wet sanding to cut then buff paint, polish aluminium parts for a few decades now.
Cool, it does make a nice difference.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge

Radco. I'm guessing that spellcheck is changing your "louver" into "lover".
lol Yup looks like I need to check spell check lol
Old 02-08-2021, 01:18 AM

Winter Sucks

Hi y'all been awhile.

Weather was bad today/tonight. I wrecked my car pretty bad tonight going into work. It was really slick. At first I thought I rolled the car because it all happened so fast. But it rolled on it's side and busted out the driver's side window and cracked the windshield. It ended up landing back on it's wheels...but blew both tires out on that side. Lots of extensive damage on the driver's side. I could hardly open the door. I have small cuts on my hand and my jaw is bruised. I am not sure how I hit my face though. Several hours have passed and more injuries are becoming apparent. My left shoulder is bruised so I probably banged it against the door. My neck is stiffening up...so I'm pretty sure I have whiplash. 😭

I hope this isn't goodbye. I'm hoping I can find another reasonably priced HHR to love.

So this is what I did to my HHR today...

Old 02-08-2021, 06:06 AM

Dang Ronnie, that's bad news indeed! I hope your injuries aren't bad, and that you recover quickly!
Old 02-08-2021, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Ronnie, glad to see you are ok, banged up and bruised , but in general ok.
the HHR did it’s job and protected you.
perhaps after a few days you can assess the damage, maybe just a replacement door and left front fender, and a new windshield, maybe not. The main thing is you, are ok.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:07 AM
Premium Member

Ronnie,
Glad to hear that you weren't seriously injured.
Sad to hear that the car you put so much work into is damaged.
These trucklets aret tough little things.
And yes there are a bunch of them out there.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:21 AM

Ronnie, sorry to hear about the accident ! Glad you were not severally hurt . Just be aware if anything going on with your body ! Keep the Doctor informed !
Hope you heal fast

Last edited by Radco; 02-08-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:58 AM

Thanks y'all. I am pretty sore this morning. Seatbelts save lives and surely protected me from worse injuries. But I have pain across the neck and chest where the seatbelt comes across.

I had not been working much over the last few months. I had surgery mid December and everything came back great...no cancer! Three weeks of not working and no short term disability benefits were available with my medical insurance. . But two weeks into recovery I tested positive for Covid. . At that point I was going to be paid for being out...but went a full month without a paycheck. Good times! . Finally got back to work and they have been cutting hours recently...we aren't even getting 40 hours a week right now. Which also stinks because I am in the midst of refinancing my house and have to show 40 hours a week for a month.

So now this....I am currently sitting 95 miles away from home. The HHR is probably about 60 miles away racking up $45 a day "storage" fees. I will go later today and get all my belongings out of the car...including anything I can think of to snag that could be handy if I am lucky enough to find another HHR. I think after y'all see pics in daylight it will be obvious to start over in a different car. I am also hoping I can find the scene of the wreck because alot things flew out the window and I'm not certain I recovered everything because it was a dark rural highway.

I do feel fortunate...though I am not moving around with ease this morning...I could have easily sustained worse injuries. @oldblue78 ... yes the car that I grew to love did it's job and did a damn good job keeping me in one piece.

I will post more pics later today. 📸

Old 02-08-2021, 10:27 AM

Hello fellow HHR owners. i'm glad there is such a forum as this one. I am a member of other forums, so I do know how to navigate them pretty much as most are the same, just different topics. I bought 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS clone a couple weeks ago, and finally put it on the road today. Paid the taxes to the man, put insurance on it and is now plated. My brother is a painter and airbrush artist, so I'll put money on it that it will be getting some new color. I'm from Waterloo Ontario, so if you see me in it, gimme a wave aight?! First thing I'll do to it is give it a bath, and put some tint on it. I'll post photos soon.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, maybe see you after this lock down is over , or after the vaccinations are finished. Waterloo isn’t far from me. Look for the BlackSwan

Winter grille an wheels

Summer grille and wheels

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?