General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

Ronnie- Hate when the birds do that.

I gotta clean mine up this week. Our 1st Cruise Show is Saturday, which has a 60% chance of rain, they reported tonite.
Hoping that will change. I need some normalcy at this point, world is getting too crazy.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:50 AM
geg

Originally Posted by geg
Well, I went to the doctor.
The result is successful but unexpected.

According to the instructions, I did not eat or drink an hour before the visit. The first step is to test for antibodies to COVID-19.
The nurse took the blood from her finger and sent me into the hallway to wait for the result. After 10 minutes, she came out and said that antibodies were found in my blood and I did not need a vaccine.

Thus, it turned out that some time ago I quietly contracted this infection. I did not have a fever and headaches, I did not lose my smell, I do not remember at all that I felt bad.

In general, if I want, I can try again in 3 to 5 months if the antibodies disappear.
Me and the coronavirus are an unexpected continuation of the story.

Yesterday I drove to a gas station, then decided to visit a shopping center. Not that I needed anything. I just decided to go there, because I was there anyway. Maybe buy a bottle of kvass or something from food / groceries.
In the lobby on the second floor I saw people in white coats. Doctors ... Get vaccinated against coronavirus. They are given to everyone, there is no queue.
Well, I thought and decided - I'll get this vaccine, it's still free and I have an extra couple of minutes. I presented passport, filled out a questionnaire with questions about chronic diseases and some other information. This time they didn’t test me for antibodies, they just stuck a syringe in my hand, thanked me for the visit, and sent me on to do my own thing.
This is the first part of the Sputnik V vaccination, the second injection is scheduled for 05/11/2021.
Feelings are normal, there is still no dizziness or pain, I feel like any other day. There was some dryness in my mouth, but that went away after I drank a cup of tea.
While I was filling out the questionnaire, a foreigner, a Tajik, approached the doctor. Illegal, something like your illegal Mexicans who are sometimes shown on TV. He asked if he could get a vaccine. It turned out that this guy came to work in Russia, but because of the closed borders he could not go back (or he simply did not want to go back to his Tajikistan). I thought they would refuse him, he is without documents, without a residence permit, or at least some kind of registration. But no, after consulting, the kind aunt-doctors vaccinated him and he was probably recorded as a Russian who had lost his passport.
Today I'll take my old mother and take her for an injection.

It is unlikely that I would have gotten the virus without the vaccine, but with the vaccine, I reduced this probability to almost zero. In addition, now I will have an official vaccination document that will allow me to freely cross the borders of many countries. I was just going to Africa, if I get one project.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ronnie
I don't know if these pics will help. It appears it broke in the track it attaches too.
Would need to back up a bit in those views for context. Is the hook that catches the back of the windscreen arm broken off? That’s been a problem. There’s a TSB on how to repair it that involves drilling out the rivets I think to replace the broken part. There’s also at least one thread here on this.

But the windscreen is easily removed. At the front you flex the lower metal rod to pop it out of its pivots at the ends of the rod. Then if things aren’t too messed up the sunroof will operate normally, although without the windscreen you might want it open only in vent mode when running at any speed.

EDIT - Found some threads. Looks like you already found the last one:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...dollars-59404/

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...overage-11629/

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...lectors-47643/

Last edited by PulpFriction; 04-20-2021 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Today , a wash, and detail, then off to a big box store for pickup of a bucket of drywall mud.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today , a wash, and detail, then off to a big box store for pickup of a bucket of drywall mud.
Better get your stuff today before the snow overnight and tomorrow!

Steve
Old 04-20-2021, 11:18 AM
Administrator

I’m in their parking lot now, waiting.
Yeah, I put the summer tires on and sure enough, snow in the forecast! Yuck!
Old 04-20-2021, 01:56 PM
Premium Member

Had to go and get more grout for my backsplash /wall.
The good news is the grouting is finished.
Now I wait 48 hrs to apply the final seal and then I can start on the cabinet refinishing,
Or the sunroof on Toughie.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:22 PM
Platinum Member

Got the yard mowed & edged today, then serviced the wifes Mopar.

My ride still needs a bath. But Saturday rain chances have increased to 80% rain... Doh.,. It will probably be nice & sunny.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Woke at 6;30 am, to this!!

The deck , we won’t be enjoying our morning coffee out there, today!

Our trees were budding so pretty!

I just took the burlap wrapping off the junipers last Friday

I’ve put the snow blower away, now this! Granted it should melt away in a day or 2
Old 04-21-2021, 06:33 AM

Got hit with the same snow... about 5 inches worth. My Japanese Maples are not happy.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?