General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 07:27 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
The "Tow Truck Guy" showed up to take the HHR to the shop.... with a flatbed trailer behind a pickup truck... and 5 guys inside instead of a winch. Rural Ohio is interesting to say the least.

I hope the rear gate isn't all pushed in and dented. I told the guys about thin metal and all... Not sure how well that was comprehended.

I also noticed when I turned on the key to get it into neutral that what was a full tank of gas is now empty.... All that 93 octane soaked into my driveway.
Why didn't you just wrap the bitten spot with plumbing tape? This is a kind of silvery adhesive tape reinforced with textile mesh. I am sure that it is sold in the USA at every turn.
You would have come to the workshop yourself without the help of a pickup truck.
I'm just sorry for the lost full tank of gas and your gate.
And squirrel... listen, these squirrels are crazy, I have never heard of Russian squirrels gnawing gas lines. I told the guys at the car service - they don't know that either.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:53 AM
geg

abnormal heat in Russia
forest fires reached my city
bypass road blocked from the west
me, my property is not in danger, but the situation is still alarming

https://t.me/znak_ekb/10307
https://t.me/revdainforu/11280

In such conditions, no squirrel would even think of getting close to the gas line .
Old 08-24-2021, 09:36 AM

Be safe, geg... Wildfires are nothing to mess with.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:29 AM
geg

[QUOTE = Greybeard999; 914401] Be safe, geg... Wildfires are nothing to mess with. [/ QUOTE].

thanks
I won't even get close to it!
True, my ex has a small house in that area. I don't think the fire will get to that place, but if it does, I'll have to go there and fight the fire. The house is not insured, it is generally not customary for us to insure property and cars, it is considered a waste of money. Even compulsory types of insurance are ignored by the population, voluntary insurance is very rare.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Stay safe!!

So, after 2 hours, 5 water breaks and resting in the shade, I replaced the driver’s side LCA turns out that one had a larger elongated hole for the rear bushing, I tapped the driver pipe and the bushing fell out!
It fits much better into the spare arm I had downstairs, just like the passenger side last Friday. I removed the ball joint, lubed the bolts and stub with never seize and retorqued all fasteners! Then I replaced the driver’s side hub, the old one did have a flat spot feel to it as I turned it by hand.
I noticed a possibility of a squeak where the upper transmission mount bolts to the frame rail. I’m going to remove that mount , lube the contact points and bolt it back into position. I’m going to replace the passenger side hub and front cover seal tomorrow morning. It’s very hot outside.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
The shop is good. The shop owner took a photo, first thing. I've been going to this shop for 8 years, I'm one of their "good customers"... How it's all going to work out, I don't know, but they will work it out.
Greybeard- Good you know the shop & owner. That helps, I think. Good luck with all that.

Originally Posted by geg
Why didn't you just wrap the bitten spot with plumbing tape? This is a kind of silvery adhesive tape reinforced with textile mesh. I am sure that it is sold in the USA at every turn.
You would have come to the workshop yourself without the help of a pickup truck.
I'm just sorry for the lost full tank of gas and your gate.
And squirrel... listen, these squirrels are crazy, I have never heard of Russian squirrels gnawing gas lines. I told the guys at the car service - they don't know that either.
Geg- Stay safe man. Here in the states we call that silver tape Duct-tape. But it is used on about anything.

Duct tape is cloth- or scrim-backed pressure-sensitive tape, often coated with polyethylene. There are a variety of constructions using different backings and adhesives, and the term 'duct tape' has been generalized to refer to different cloth tapes with differing purposes. A variation is heat-resistant foil tape useful for sealing heating and cooling ducts, produced because the adhesive on standard duct tape fails and the synthetic fabric reinforcement mesh deteriorates when used on heating ducts
Old 08-25-2021, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Today, I replaced the front cover oil seal, the right front hub and cleaned up that upper transmission mount. I took several water breaks.
Old 08-25-2021, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Toughie crossed over 178k today.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:07 PM

I had my '09 HHR fitted out today with all the goodies I got from RockAuto and the car rides & handles like new.
List of parts: Mevotech lower control arms, Moog rear springs, AC Delco rear shocks, Moog wheel & hub assy's all around, Cardone CV drive axle assy's, ATP inner & outer wheel seals & GM axle clips.

I did the brakes, strut assy's, sway bar bushings & end links last year. Now I be all done with that bit. My new yellow Lab puppy co pilot will be safe fer sure.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?