General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Premium Member

Mike, you win the guy with the cleanest toys trophy today

bowtie somebody is trying to tell you something.

Andry, cool you finally saw another one, too bad stinky man drive other one.

Dropped mine off to get the part they overnighted installed so they gave me an impala making me miss mine even more. I'm not putting the stinky thing in the garage, don't want the short bus to come home and say, who's been sleeping in my bed.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by bowtieboy68
got set up on a blind date and she pulls up in this............(mine's on the right)

Well when you two get hitched in a few months, make sure you invite the members here, just think about a sea of HHR's waiting outside the church.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Rest In Peace

Gave Morticia a Half & Half wash late last night.

Thats fill your 5 gallon car wash bucket up with HOT water and car wash soap, drop a grit guard in, drop your lambswool mitt in it and twist on a Gamma Seal Lid tightly.

Gamma Seal Lids are real nice, No leaks even if it tips over in back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNLj...eature=related

Tossed it in the back, wet and wring out a large chamois toss it inside as well, soak her down with the garden hose, and drive over to the car wash, hand wash her quickly and then run her through the touchless carwash.

Then drove her around for a couple minutes to semi dry her off, pulled back into the carwash area under the bright lights and gave her a chamois dry.

I wanted a Xtra Large Dunkin Donuts coffee at about Midnight, but she needed a bath and I knew a thin film would still be covering her just running the quicky touchless wash, taking a 5 gallon bucket full of hot soapy water and hand washing her quickly then doing the touchless wash to rinse her down works good and is fast for a late nigher wash.

Today, I decided to cut the grass and power edge the sidewalk so I tossed the car cover on her and it still fits nice with the '55 Chevy Tail Lights installed.

Wanted to keep the dust from the yard work off her after washing her up the night before.

And here she sleeps covered up.

Name:  97b972e7.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  37.2 KB

Old 04-25-2012, 11:06 AM

Went to Extreme Graphics here in Oldsmar and they are making me 2 side window and 1 rear window sticker 10 inch side 18 inch rear for $25 so that is ok. They said they will take requests from the website folks if you guys want to order them. Will post picks when they are installed
3rd day of being sick.No fun at all.
Ciao
Old 04-25-2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by kb0sdq
Went to Extreme Graphics here in Oldsmar and they are making me 2 side window and 1 rear window sticker 10 inch side 18 inch rear for $25 so that is ok. They said they will take requests from the website folks if you guys want to order them. Will post picks when they are installed
3rd day of being sick.No fun at all.
Ciao
What kinda stickers are you getting? I wanted to add something down the front windshield but I haven't decided what I want to add yet.

Today for me...I got an email back from Canuck stating that the HHR springs were on backorder for a few weeks which means that I wouldn't have them in hands and installed before I go on vacation in May so I opted to get the Cobalt SS springs instead. It should actually lower it a little more than the HHR springs so I'm excited about that. Just hope I don't have a problem with bottoming out.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:20 AM

Just like the ones for the website www.chevyHHr.net white vinyl. Will post when I have them.if you want to call them 813-855-4364 Tell them Doug Caruso mentioned it so they know what photo to use. you can do a search for their website they are in Oldsmar fl
Hope this helps

Last edited by kb0sdq; 04-25-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: can not supply website url of non vendor
Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM

Going to finish installing my hids in just a little bit

Maybe give her a bath after
Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 PM

I went out on a nice long drive to log my latest tuning. I saw one of these:

I was noticing a lot of knock retard. I remembered that I was running some injector cleaner. After I ran out almost half a tank, I topped off. Back to normal. So much for my nice clean car what with the rain again.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Name:  SC20120425-183550-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  54.9 KB

Quick cell pic. Followed the how to on here and it took me about 30 min from start to finish. Loving them so far
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Premium Member

Nice lights, but your intercooler is exposed. Them hid lights are awesome ??

I got mine back at 12:03, I think my prediction was lunch time, because my service writer wanted to be gone when I got there, it worked out for him. It really sucks my dealer made this mistake and acted like it never happened. Makes me want to find a match.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?