General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:52 PM

Looks awesome sick50ford and love that paint job too.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:12 PM

Ran video on my way to BevMo. Trying to adjust Ethanol tune to limit wheel-spin. Had to dial torque back in lower gears. (way back, still can't put pedal on the floor) Video was boring so I didn't post it. I did park next to the Sierra Nevada HHR.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Rest In Peace

Early this morning or for some, Late last night for others. (2-4AM)

I started to test paint some brackets, Gotta get them all Cleaned up and decide what parts to paint and clear coat and what parts get just clear coated, and what ones just get Cleaned up.

All this kinda little Detail stuff has gotta get Done before I install the supercharger, so I am now working on getting all the used parts ready for the install.

Name:  04ec2ddf.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  56.4 KB

Name:  2fbda0ff.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  72.8 KB

The Custom made HHR strut tower bar was shipped, and the oil dipstick tube and IC Pump Isolator was shipped as well all coming by way of UPS.

Need to order up a few small things, 2 pigtails one for the ic pump and one for the
2.5 bar MAP .

Should be picking up the Head and some other parts from hhrfreek over the weekend, or on Monday or Tuesday.

I will install the plumbing at first with just the 3/4" heater hose then after everything is installed and dialed in, I will start swapping out those for some nice stainless braided lines and fittings.

Took Morticia out for a short ride to the store this morning, it was already about 95 at 9 am, hit over 100 here so just been relaxing in the house.

I'll go out in the garage this evening and get something done, not sure just what yet, but i'll tinker on something for this project.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

BF, you might try some real tires, the Michelin I could spin with my Toro.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Administrator

ordered up new BF Goodrich tires to replace w0rn out set of Hankooks, wow that wa a fast 50,000 miles
Old 07-17-2012, 08:24 PM

SS Fan: I'm on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Ovals, not Michelins.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by ThatChevy
Looks awesome sick50ford and love that paint job too.
Thanks! It's been lots of work but worth it now. It wasn't long ago that the quarter panel was being ratchet strapped into shaped by those cypress trees in the first picture.
Name:  IMG_6212-1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  29.2 KB

Originally Posted by 843de
Lookin' great sick50ford, still love that Porsche gray/green paint, you wouldn't have the paint code would you?

I got plans for my Panel once its retired from "grunt duty".
The code should be easy to acquire but I don't have it. It's called Fashion grey, I really wanted The Man from Chili grey but my painter was too scared from all the green and yellow to mix it so he went with this toned down color which still has slightly a greenish tint.

Originally Posted by SS fan
Your the "MAN" those are awesome, I'll take a pair of those if you are just warming up !!
Thanks SS I'm happy you like them as much as i do. I'm a pretty busy guy but I could do a few sets. Not $ure what to charge but you can bet it won't be free

Unfortunately I found out today I'm working long hours next 12 days straight so I won't get to spend nearly as much time on the car as I planned. Pretty bummed since the wife and babies are out of town and i've been getting a lot finished.

Check out another thing I did yesterday.

Recently I got hit while riding my motorcycle (watch the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYzTAd9AWHU

One of my damages included the visor of my topotheline Arai, not wanting to spend the $70 on replacement I decided to try to fix it. Pretty decent 3" scratch in the center; no way.
800, 1200, and 2000 grit wet sanded and finished with lexan polish on a cotton puff die grinder. 1/2 hour later nearly new again.

Name:  bfa10551.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  63.5 KB

Last edited by sick50ford; 07-18-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Premium Member

Installed the K&N cold air intake on the panel, runs better now, ordered a tune for it from Vince. The shortbus looks happy, I took the sheep skins out and cleaned the front seats. My plan worked they look brand new, nice to see the SS's shining through the windshield again. The sheep skins make the panels seats much more comfortable, wonder if the heat will work thru them ??
Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 AM

Saw this driving through Chicago on I-290 on my way home from Wisconsin.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 AM

Well my dealer came through for me again
I had to drive around for a day in a 2012 malibu again
Nice car but after Having the GMTU added it really feals like there is no power after say 20 mph.
Also I never realized how easy it is to get in and out of the hhr's until getting out of the much lower sitting malibu.

My dealer told me that in order to get the vacuum assist pump back working they had to call GM tech and as they said they luckily got a hold of tech who was really up on the LNF cars and mods.
He said he has seen this before where the proper tune will not command the vacuum assist add on pump to come on so the tech told them give me until tommorow am and I will have a tune made for the car that will work.
I half jokingly told my service writer and service manager to tell them to add another 5psi to the tune while they where in there
they installed it and all is well.
As much As I like to go in and talk to my service writer and service manager and Parts manager at my CHEVY dealer i told them I hope I do not have to see them for a while
If anyone is in Central NY and wants awesome service done by employees who go above and beyond and really care I would highly recomend Burdick Chevrolet located in Drivers Village.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?