General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

what is wrong with people these days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:16 PM

Thumbs down what is wrong with people these days?

So, I went to the local BJ's Club today for a few things, parking well away from others so as to keep my nice, white HHR from getting banged up. Well...wouldn't ya know it, I returned to the car with a big ol' door ding in the driver's side door.

Here's the best part...the who did it took the time to get out of his car, bend down and take a close look at it. I could see where he ran his finger over the dent!!!!!! Are you kidding me?

Thankfully, said inconsiderate and insufferable moron didn't break the paint. But now I need to find a PDR shop in the area that won't charge me an arm and/or a leg.

My local metro area is Hartford, CT (no jokes... ). Anyone know of a good PDR guy around here?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:22 PM

That sucks Man, I feel for you. Thats not right. If the print is clean then call a Cop.

Rudy
Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 PM

that sucks people don't care about other people. I do the same thing, by parking far from other people and wouldn't you know it someone will park beside me with the parking lot open. I think sometimes people do it just to piss people like us off.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:27 PM
jx3

That really sucks!
Some people take it as an "invite" to do these things when they see a nice ride parked by itself.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 PM

Some people take it as an "invite" to do these things when they see a nice ride parked by itself.
I think sometimes people do it just to piss people like us off.
I totally agree. Many people just live to piss others off nowadays. It's a friggin hobby for some. No wonder I want to move farther into the country! Thankfully, my beautiful bride agrees!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 PM

I try not to park "away" for that very reason. I like to find a spot between to other rather new and nicer cars. Still ding free on my 2006. Knocking on wood big time for saying that. LOL
Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z-Man
That sucks Man, I feel for you. Thats not right. If the print is clean then call a Cop.

Rudy

Yeah, that's really going to top their dispatch priority list.

Best option: live with it. It's gonna cost you more in PDR than it's worth in actual value, and if it didn't break the paint nobody's going to notice. I guarantee you'll fix it and the next week it'll happen again somewhere else.

These are cars. They're made to be driven and I don't think you're going to see these things hit Barrett-Jackson for a few more years.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 PM

The trick is look at the parking lot. See which way the pavement slops, then park on the high side. This will keep stray carts from hitting your car. Just a tip from somebody that has worked in retail for over 10 years.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:39 PM

If it happened recently enough, you may want to give the store's loss prevention rep a call. You never know if a parking lot cam may have happened to catch it. I'm sure someone presented with a little video retrospective" on his/her parking lot conduct might be willing to settle VERY lucratively in your favor. :)
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM

You kinda want to do this when that happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiNEM4rrtwo

Quick Reply: what is wrong with people these days?