General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

what is wrong with people these days?

Old 03-21-2008, 09:16 PM

Thumbs down what is wrong with people these days?

So, I went to the local BJ's Club today for a few things, parking well away from others so as to keep my nice, white HHR from getting banged up. Well...wouldn't ya know it, I returned to the car with a big ol' door ding in the driver's side door.

Here's the best part...the who did it took the time to get out of his car, bend down and take a close look at it. I could see where he ran his finger over the dent!!!!!! Are you kidding me?

Thankfully, said inconsiderate and insufferable moron didn't break the paint. But now I need to find a PDR shop in the area that won't charge me an arm and/or a leg.

My local metro area is Hartford, CT (no jokes... ). Anyone know of a good PDR guy around here?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:22 PM

That sucks Man, I feel for you. Thats not right. If the print is clean then call a Cop.

Rudy
Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 PM

that sucks people don't care about other people. I do the same thing, by parking far from other people and wouldn't you know it someone will park beside me with the parking lot open. I think sometimes people do it just to piss people like us off.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:27 PM
jx3

That really sucks!
Some people take it as an "invite" to do these things when they see a nice ride parked by itself.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 PM

Some people take it as an "invite" to do these things when they see a nice ride parked by itself.
I think sometimes people do it just to piss people like us off.
I totally agree. Many people just live to piss others off nowadays. It's a friggin hobby for some. No wonder I want to move farther into the country! Thankfully, my beautiful bride agrees!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 PM

I try not to park "away" for that very reason. I like to find a spot between to other rather new and nicer cars. Still ding free on my 2006. Knocking on wood big time for saying that. LOL
Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z-Man
That sucks Man, I feel for you. Thats not right. If the print is clean then call a Cop.

Rudy

Yeah, that's really going to top their dispatch priority list.

Best option: live with it. It's gonna cost you more in PDR than it's worth in actual value, and if it didn't break the paint nobody's going to notice. I guarantee you'll fix it and the next week it'll happen again somewhere else.

These are cars. They're made to be driven and I don't think you're going to see these things hit Barrett-Jackson for a few more years.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 PM

The trick is look at the parking lot. See which way the pavement slops, then park on the high side. This will keep stray carts from hitting your car. Just a tip from somebody that has worked in retail for over 10 years.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:39 PM

If it happened recently enough, you may want to give the store's loss prevention rep a call. You never know if a parking lot cam may have happened to catch it. I'm sure someone presented with a little video retrospective" on his/her parking lot conduct might be willing to settle VERY lucratively in your favor. :)
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM

You kinda want to do this when that happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiNEM4rrtwo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what is wrong with people these days?