General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What's the best option......

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:58 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by PerezHHR
I think I know what the headache might be about not having the running boards, but Im gonna ask anyways, several people have stated, that it's a major headache down the road if you dont have the running boards, so what is the big secret... why are they a must besides cosmetically...
Because of the SANDBLASTING that occurs to the front of the rear quarters.

BTW.......Name:  welcome.png
Views: 23
Size:  10.2 KBand Name:  c315.gif
Views: 10
Size:  23.1 KB

Last edited by jx3; 05-08-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Goose
Oneton- You said you added the factory fogs? Did you order you HHR from the factory like that or did you have them installed after you took delivery? If so what did that run you?
Oneton's was a used vehicle, former rental, when he purchased it. Maybe you should PM him for details, just in case he doesn't return to this thread for a while.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 PM

Great info guys thanks alot. Would you guys mind telling me what you paid for your HHR. How willing are dealers to deal?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by PerezHHR
I have an HHR, had her a month now :)
Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 12
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! and Name:  congratsbigsmile-1.gif
Views: 9
Size:  10.6 KB on your new HHR!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Stovebolt HHR
Mine has all the whistles and bells. I can not see paying for the factory XM
For what they want for a cost it is ridicules. I would go to Radio Shack and get
a portable unit that plugs into the radio anyways.
By all means get the running boards they will save you a lot of grief later.

Alan
to the best HHR site there is!! I agree with Alan about the XM radio...I bought a refurb XM MyFi off of fleabay just so I can listen to all the Braves games where ever I am in the country.It came with all the home and car accessories for just 60 bucks.I have not attached the car mount yet,I just have it laying in the rear cupholder.I love it for travelling.Commercial free classic rock and baseball...what more could you want? As for the running boards,maybe I can put some on this summer.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
As for the running boards,maybe I can put some on this summer.
Good Luck HB..maybe you will have better luck than I have had....the dealers seem to know of the value of boards now and are charging a premium for them......I'd be surprised if you could get them painted and installed for less than 1000...now ymmv but that has been my experience so far....thieves!!

Goose

PS thanks Jx..I'll do that
Old 05-08-2007, 06:58 PM

I agree that a 1LT would work great for you. Two of the options you list are options on all three models. I have factory XM and wish I had a portable one instead. I've considered buying one anyway since the prices had dropped so much. I have the 2.2L with auto trans and it has more power than I need, even loaded down. I don't have the running boards and have seen more pitting in the hood from road debris than on the rear fenders. But, I very seldom drive on unpaved roads.

Go to Chevy's site and see what's available. It runs painfully slow but has all the info you need!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:32 PM

I have a 1LT with a 5 spd transmission that I bought off the lot. It didn't come with the running boards, but after I heard about the problem, I had them installed at the dealer. They charged me the option price of $445 and $100 to install them. I wasn't happy, but figured it was better that the car getting damaged.

I drove the 2.4 Automatic before I bought mine and liked the way 2.2 5 speed felt better than the automatic. Plus...I wanted a 5 spd and they were few and far between to find when I was carousing the lots.

The 1LT is the middle of the road model in my opinion and I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. The only option it cam with was the bright chrome appearance package and I'm glad it did. I do like the look of that better than the satin.

As for price out the door...mine was $18,024 and that included tax and dealer handling, so I figured I got a pretty good deal.

As others have said, do the build and determine what you want and don't want...and what your finances can withstand. Visit your local Chevy dealer and let them know what you're looking for. I didn't buy mine for 2 weeks from the first time my boyfriend contacted the dealer and they were happy to deal with me when I finally came in to make the purchase.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:26 AM

thank you for the welcome... Mine is a 5 speed and luv luv luv her... and YES the sandblasting was what I thought you were gonna say... mine has that special feature but what are ya gonna do, ya know..? My hub paints and installs, you'd understand if you could see our show car, anyways, if we can find them cheap enuf then we will get them, paint them and install them ourselves... but the cheapest we've seen them around here are right about $600 which is a rip off... once we set ours aside to paint her, is when I'll have to splurge and get the running boards, I think I'm lookin at about 9 months when there's an income tax return

anyways, thanx for the warm welcome... seem to like it here already

btw I got mine at $14,000 I thought it was a great deal, all the others used around here with double the mileage are right around $17,000+ mine only had 11,350 in mileage
Old 05-09-2007, 10:50 AM

Just got another quote from a dealer for about 1100 dollars...525 for the boards and 600 to paint and install...you gotta be kidding me! I really want the fogs but I'll pony up for them later I guess..

Goose

Quick Reply: What's the best option......