General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What's next for HHR and other Chevy's

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Way to go Chevrolet. You've created another bland, flavorless, ho-hum sedan that will blend into the backgound unnoticed. If the North American sister car to this looks anything similar, Chevrolet is only going to continue to lose market share to the imports.

Body lines look like a Ford Contour.

Have they learned nothing from the success of HHR? People have plenty of choices for boring plain vanilla sedans and coupes. Give the people something with style and features, pack in value for the money, and you have something that will compete.

Read the article! The picture is the old car that is being replaced in Europe. You're the second person to rag on the picture without reading the article...
Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM

Cruze?
just add a 'r' to it....
couldn't they think of a more original name?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by HHRatRod
Cruze?
just add a 'r' to it....
couldn't they think of a more original name?
This I would have to agree with!

Would that make the HHR............CruzeHHR? Wouldn't the PT guys have a ball w/ this!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 PM

I've seen picture of the new "Cobalt" It basically looks like a smaller version of the New Mailbu. Here's Pics. http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-cobalt-2010.html

If they decide to make another HHR i doubt we would see it untill 2012 model year. Only because the US is the only one that would have such a model.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 PM

For the U.S. market, GM intends to fit a turbocharged 1.4-liter direct-injection gasoline engine that will deliver up to 40 mpg in highway driving. I'd still take a Toyota Prius anyday.

IMO looks like another Aveo... why replace it?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:38 AM

Up to 40mpg highway isn't too impressive. Imports are already doing better than that. The 1977 Chevrolet Chevette did better than that 31 yrs ago!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Up to 40mpg highway isn't too impressive. Imports are already doing better than that. The 1977 Chevrolet Chevette did better than that 31 yrs ago!
And I doubt it had anywhere near the powerband. Getting caught in an underpowered car getting on the freeway is a royal PITA.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:07 PM

Oh, I was just making my usual point that fuel economy hasn't made many leaps and bounds since the 70's. From a strictly MPG perspective. Curb weights are similar or less today, safety is way up, but fleet avg economy isn't much improved. Admittedly, the truck and SUV craze of the last 15 yrs has a lot to do with this. I think we can do much better.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:22 AM

The HHR replacement will be built on the same architecture as the Cruze (thank you, Chevrolet, for the dumb name)just as today's HHR is built on the Cobalt platform---but the Cruze will be a compact coupe and sedan.

What ever follows the current HHR will probably be a compact SUV like it is now and will look entirely different than whatever the Cruze will look like.

BTW, is it "cruise" or "cruisey"

Sheesh...after that name, it's time to shoot all the marketing people at Chevrolet.

Say "Cobalt"
Then say "Cruze"

Which is better?

Last edited by Hib Halverson; 07-12-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: changed content
Old 07-12-2008, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ed RazorLite
True, thats kind of why the last 2 model years of the FireHawk, the performance was underrated. When infact the FireHawk out ran the vette in the quarter, in 0-60, in top speed, in the slalom, and in price.
But GM wanted the Vette to be top dog. Instead of making the Vette better, they just fudged the numbers. I remember reading a whole article about it.

With advance apologies to any Corvette owners here, I doubt that 5% of Vette owners use even 10% of the car's performance potential. Most I see are driving them slower than grannyspeed, if they drive em at all. Investment, y'know. I know of one that you could replace the entire drivetrain with a paper mache' replica and the owner wouldn't know the difference (1978 Pace Car Replica with 14 actual miles, hasn't seen the light of day since he brought it home.....)

Quick Reply: What's next for HHR and other Chevy's