General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What's next for HHR and other Chevy's

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
What the hell is that how does that replace the HHR. It says it underpins it what does that mean??

Straight from Merriam Webster.
Underpin:to form part of, strengthen, or replace the foundation of
Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
It doesn't say that, it mentions in the beginning in bold that it will replace the Cobalt. So that doesn't mean they won't still have something with the HHR's functionality built on the same platform. I think the Cruze looks worse than the current Cobalt. The Cobalt isn't anything amazing, but they made the front end look worse.
I know, I was making a lame attempt at sarcasm.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM

From the aritcle....
It will be the first product to use the revamped Delta 2 global compact platform that also will underpin replacements for the Opel Zafira, the Chevrolet HHR and related siblings.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 PM

In other words, the platform the cars are built on. As you all know, our HHR's are Cobalts underneath. Change is inevitable and with the strong sales of HHR's recently and hopefully ongoing, we will see some really badass new versions. Id like to see a truck or a form of convertible.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Old Ray

That is so not the replacement for the HHR! Did you used to work for the National Enquirer? The only bit of the article relating to the HHR replacment is mention of the Delta 2 platform. Sheesh
Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 PM

GM is the champ at dropping cars that are in the midst of success. The 88 Fiero was at the top of it's game. Totally redesigned sport suspension in place of the Chevette/Citation crap it started with, good reliability, good power, good mileage, and sales up from previous years. Not to mention all the spent on the redesigned 88 suspension, they had already created the 1990 prototype. (No that's not a 90s Camaro, that is a Fiero. Obviously where the later Camaro lines came from but this is mid-engine.)

In other words, it was dropped at the last minute without warning. Who ever can figure why GM does things.

I also believe that there must be a new HHR based on the new platform in there somewhere. I don't see anything there about canceling the HHR.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:12 PM

Songman that is one sweet Fiero!!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Founding Member

The way I read it, the article states the platform for the HHR changes only because the cobalt does, but does not mention a body change. This is a wait and see. All bodies change eventually so there is nothing new with that.

So maybe the Thread title should of ended with Cobalt not HHR.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Songman that is one sweet Fiero!!
Yep, no reason in the world Pontiac should not have gone ahead with it with the success of the 88. Insiders say that GM was never going to let Pontiac have a car with close to the same performance as the Corvette, but for half the price. Had to keep that 'only American sports car' thing going.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
Yep, no reason in the world Pontiac should not have gone ahead with it with the success of the 88. Insiders say that GM was never going to let Pontiac have a car with close to the same performance as the Corvette, but for half the price. Had to keep that 'only American sports car' thing going.
True, thats kind of why the last 2 model years of the FireHawk, the performance was underrated. When infact the FireHawk out ran the vette in the quarter, in 0-60, in top speed, in the slalom, and in price.
But GM wanted the Vette to be top dog. Instead of making the Vette better, they just fudged the numbers. I remember reading a whole article about it.

Quick Reply: What's next for HHR and other Chevy's