HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

4 days and still not fixed

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:26 PM

Thumbs down 4 days and still not fixed

i just got my car back from the dealer they were suposed to fix the loud clunking noise witch is the throw out bearing.i looked at the paper it said new plate kit and sensor they did not even replace the throwout bearing! the paper said replaced and no noise is heard anymore also that there was no visual problems.Now my clutch pedal is real loose to half way pushed in then it gets harder.way more messed up now then it was.I knew i should have just drove it till it blew up.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Founding Member

Time for a new dealership if that's possible. And don't mention the prior service or they may decline to work on it and tell you to go back to the original dealer.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Time for a new dealership if that's possible. And don't mention the prior service or they may decline to work on it and tell you to go back to the original dealer.
They can't do that, can they?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Don't dealer service dept.'s usually run a warranty claim history on the car before servicing it for a medium or large problem?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:10 PM
jx3

My dealer can tell me when and where any dealer did any work and what for just by pulling my VIN.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:13 PM

anyone got any ideas? call complain or what or just deal with it i dont know.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
They can't do that, can they?
They are not supposed to but it happens EVERY day.

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Don't dealer service dept.'s usually run a warranty claim history on the car before servicing it for a medium or large problem?
They are supposed to but not all of them do. I am sitting here signing warranty claims right now and I just found one that the advisor ran the GMVIS, which shows all warranty claims on the vehicle and other information such as Voided Warranties and Salvaged Titles. And there it is plain as day...SALVAGE TITLE. This advisor printed the GMVIS but FAILED TO READ IT. Now he gets to pay for and intermediate shaft that was replaced under warranty, but can't be collected from GM due to the title status.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 PM

Mgr, you got servide advisors like taht too? Man I thought that was only in New Braunfels. I think we have an advisor that can't read. Let alone hit the print button on VIS or history.But he can write them all up as "water check engine lights" at 11:45 right before lunch. He doesn't do that to much anymore.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by twistedamd
anyone got any ideas? call complain or what or just deal with it i dont know.
I would just call around to different dealers and explain that you are not having any success with your dealer. Ask them if they wouldn't mind taking a look at the SS for you, because you feel it may be a safety issue and it may if the bearing goes. If those dealers are of any substance, they will be glad to look at it for you.
When I had my 97 C5, I had to go through 3 different dealers before they figured out what was wrong. I needed a BCM, but it took the 3rd dealer to discover the problem.......Don't just deal with it, get it fixed.....

Just saw ChevyMgr message above about not revealing you already had work done, I disagree with Brad on that one, because as stated when they run your VIN, they will have the service history in front of them. And I never had a problem going to another dealer, except that if you aren't one of their customers, they will fit you in after they take care of their customers first, so you mat have to wait a little longer for an appointment.....
Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 PM

If I am correct all chevy dealers has to abide by the rules of GM. This goes for the service dept. Contact the manager of the service department and explain how u feel. If he/she doesnt correct the problem just contact GM 1800 number and file a complaint. The district representive will contact the service department to find out whats going on and correct the problem without you having to deal with it. When I contacted the customer service department for my problem...they called the dealer within hours and the manager himself called me to apologize for any inconvineces. Just my .02

Quick Reply: 4 days and still not fixed