HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Am I a Fool for Thinking of Purchasing...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 01:41 PM

Welp...

Since the dealer doesn't want to deal with me I thought I would let everyone know where this car is. Just in case some of you who are closer would like to look at the car or know someone who would like to own that kind of car.

The car is at the Greenwood Chevy Dealer in Ohio.
Car is clean from the pics I could see. Has 13K on it. Had the front bearings and rotors replaced at 6500K. I know that is a common problem with these cars, but really weird to me. Thought GM had made other cars before this one. :)

After years of looking I thought I had found my car. Guess not.
Have fun. But remember, I saw it first!

PS - The deal stalled when I asked for better pics of the undercarriage. Not sure that there is an issue in that area, but thought I would mention it.
Sam

Last edited by P-38 Sam; 11-20-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member

Count me as confused.
I may not be the best at geography, but post #10 says the car's in N.Y.
Post #11 says Ohio. ???
Old 11-20-2014, 05:17 PM

Hi P-38 Sam,

I looked on the chevy dealer's website, That's a sharp looking SS. Only thing I saw was the nasty looking carpet but that color is hard to keep clean.

Living in the snow (rust) belt for 40 years now, I have learned that most people that have a nice car (like that SS) have other cars or pick-ups that they use in the winter.
My 2 HHR's are in the garage covered up waiting for spring.

The low miles on the one that your looking at would indicate that it wasn't a daily driver, It's too bad that they won't send you more pics. Maybe try a different salesman or the sales manager.

Best of luck...john
Old 11-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Well Buffalo NY is closed due to major snow storm right now maybe he can't get to work. OHIO, man that's the west end of Lake Ontario 200 miles from Buffalo NY!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:18 PM

Hey Blue, Didn't Buffalo get like 6 feet of snow!...john
Old 11-20-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by 2manyvans
Hi P-38 Sam,

I looked on the chevy dealer's website, That's a sharp looking SS. Only thing I saw was the nasty looking carpet but that color is hard to keep clean.

Living in the snow (rust) belt for 40 years now, I have learned that most people that have a nice car (like that SS) have other cars or pick-ups that they use in the winter.
My 2 HHR's are in the garage covered up waiting for spring.

The low miles on the one that your looking at would indicate that it wasn't a daily driver, It's too bad that they won't send you more pics. Maybe try a different salesman or the sales manager.

Best of luck...john
Hi John,
Thanks for the info. My friend who used to live in Ohio, now lives in CA, said the same thing about having a junker for snow and good car for non-snow. I figure if they didn't want to deal or take pics and the car did not sell, there must be a reason.

I really appreciated all of the suggestions from this site and its members. You guys are great!

And to Bluesky, that was a really nice gesture to go and view the car for me. There are some really good people on this site. Thanks again!
Sam
Old 11-20-2014, 07:44 PM

I looked at a few in the rust belt before finding and shipping my hhr in from New Mexico. Since it has low miles, they may not be winter miles. You may be able to get a Car Fax and see what time of year the service was performed.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by P-38 Sam
Since the dealer doesn't want to deal with me I thought I would let everyone know where this car is. Just in case some of you who are closer would like to look at the car or know someone who would like to own that kind of car.

The car is at the Greenwood Chevy Dealer in Ohio.
Car is clean from the pics I could see. Has 13K on it. Had the front bearings and rotors replaced at 6500K. I know that is a common problem with these cars, but really weird to me. Thought GM had made other cars before this one. :)

After years of looking I thought I had found my car. Guess not.
Have fun. But remember, I saw it first!

PS - The deal stalled when I asked for better pics of the undercarriage. Not sure that there is an issue in that area, but thought I would mention it.
Sam
With 13k miles i wouldn't worry about if it's been driven on snow or salty roads. And the fact that its at least 4 years old @ 13k miles, doesn't sound like it was used as a daily driver so I'm betting it's still pretty clean. I would jump on it if they provided undercarriage pics and it looked ok. Not easy to find an SS with low miles anymore.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by XtremeSS
With 13k miles i wouldn't worry about if it's been driven on snow or salty roads. And the fact that its at least 4 years old @ 13k miles, doesn't sound like it was used as a daily driver so I'm betting it's still pretty clean. I would jump on it if they provided undercarriage pics and it looked ok. Not easy to find an SS with low miles anymore.
Yeah, they are not talking to me. They stopped talking to me when I asked for undercarriage photos. So not sure what the deal is. I gave up on this dealer. Personally, I have never heard of a dealer not wanting to try and make a deal to sell a car. They say they ship all the time.

Like my buddies are saying, if they are this weird when selling the car, what are they trying to hide? If it is in good shape, I hope someone on this site, who likes these cars can get it. Just don't deal with a guy name Chris and you should be ok.