HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

The Brake Fix Is In

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto

Well my dealer came through for me again bigtime
I had to drive around for a day in a 2012 malibu rental again
Nice car but after Having the GMTU added it really feals like there is no power after say 20 mph when driving the malibu
Also I never realized how easy it is to get in and out of the hhr's until getting out of the much lower sitting malibu.

My dealer told me that in order to get the vacuum assist pump back working they had to call GM tech (TAC) and as they said they luckily got a hold of tech who was really up on the LNF cars and mods.
The tech said he has seen this before where the recommended tune for the turbo upgrade will not command the vacuum assist add on pump to come on so the tech told them " give me until tommorow am and I will have a tune made for the car that will work."
I half jokingly told my service writer and service manager to tell them to add another 5psi to the tune while they where in there
they installed it and all is well.
As much As I like to go in and talk to my service writer and service manager and Parts manager at my CHEVY dealer i told them I hope I do not have to see them for a while
If anyone is in Central NY and wants awesome service done by employees who go above and beyond and really care I would highly recomend Burdick Chevrolet located in Drivers Village.
I never fully realized how much better the HHR SS stops with the vacuum assist pump working.
Not only do the brakes work so much better in the morning but even after driving and starting the car when it is warmed up the brakes take a little less effort to stop.
Lovin the HHR SS even more now with the Turbo upgrade and the brakes to stop the 290 horsepower
I am glad they worked it out. This is what I have said for a long time on the Turbo Upgrade. The upgrade is only as good as the tech and dealer that installs it. Most that have issues were because they were working with poor dealers.

Make sure to fill out your survey that you will get and give them good marks.

When I had the issue with my map hitting the A/C compressor I had the guy who was the lead on this help me and the dealer solve my issue with a simple spacing of the IC. I felt I got first class service from Chevy and the dealer.

As for better brakes the pump really has no effect after start up. It will help when you start out but after that the engine takes over.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:45 PM

Hyper I agree on the brakes only supposed time be able to help omitted start up but the brakes do feel like they require less effort afterwards.