HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Brembo's

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:20 PM

Cool thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:49 PM

.... I should kick everyone in the bag....

Are we kidding here? Is this a joke thread? Lets not forget ASIDE from the E-Brake debacle.... we must be forgetting that the proportioning will be completely ruined. You would need to install manual proportioning valves, run larger lines to the rear, and relocate all the mounting hardware...

OOOOOORRR if you want better stopping power... just use GOOD pads like EBC's Yellow/ Red stuff or Hawk HPS or HP Plus. That along with good rotors and Motul high viscosity brake fluid to prevent vapor accumilation in the lines.

This is what people do for mild/moderate track and street apps.

I dont mean to be a dick but brake system swaps are a giant waste of time. AND trying to put front brakes on the rear is like trying to put a V8 in our cars.... Its just silly.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 PM

What he said..theres a lot more to a brake swap then most people realise..and what he didn't say is , if you don't already have rear discs, a new master cylinder is in order..it takes a lot more fluid movement for discs then a drum system.Then theres formulas for press vs, volume and puck size etc etc....
Old 05-19-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
What he said..theres a lot more to a brake swap then most people realise..and what he didn't say is , if you don't already have rear discs, a new master cylinder is in order..it takes a lot more fluid movement for discs then a drum system.Then theres formulas for press vs, volume and puck size etc etc....
Indeed. I didnt get to everything... I was just so disgruntled from this subject lol
Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Will excuses meall I want to achieve is a better looking brake caliper in the rear then whats stock ie it doesn't have to be a four piston and shouldn't per what people are saying thanks by the way, so mello out and make a suggestion as what might work instead of insulting my question.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2009, 05:07 PM

Yonash knows

Ask Yonash
Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rainman
Will excuses meall I want to achieve is a better looking brake caliper in the rear then whats stock ie it doesn't have to be a four piston and shouldn't per what people are saying thanks by the way, so mello out and make a suggestion as what might work instead of insulting my question.

Thanks
I told you what will work. Re read our posts. Your stock caliper looks fine. Your not driving a Ferrari to pebble beach. Settle your shorts a little bit. Don't automatically assume I'm attacking you. But realistically theres nothing wrong with the stock equipment...

PS brakes arent for looks...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM

you could just paint the calipers and by the brembo stickers off of ebay.

I just purchased a set of four caliper stickers that have the bowtie log and say cheverolet. Was like 6.50 w/ shipping.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by RocketBuSS
I told you what will work. Re read our posts. Your stock caliper looks fine. Your not driving a Ferrari to pebble beach. Settle your shorts a little bit. Don't automatically assume I'm attacking you. But realistically theres nothing wrong with the stock equipment...

PS brakes arent for looks...
I've reread your post and see no mention of a cure, when I'm done with the HP up grades, stage kit, charge piping, down pipe w/high flow cat, cat back exhaust and trefecta tune at the end of june, I'll be moving on to the appearance items and one of them is the ugly rear brake calipers all be it thiers nothing wrong with the equipment it is an eye sore to me, I have Brembos on the front and would like something that will compliment them on the rear, thats why I posted this thread, you see I do believe its a Ferrari and I will drive it to Pebble Beach LOL. I don't believe your attacking me, I just don't think you understand were I'm going with my now limited build SS panel that is just a toy and not my daily driver, when I'm done I'll have a Show and Go HHR SS Panel that's rare hopefully.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
you could just paint the calipers and by the brembo stickers off of ebay.

I just purchased a set of four caliper stickers that have the bowtie log and say cheverolet. Was like 6.50 w/ shipping.
Thanks SS, I looked at the decals and the abs covers, the covers are gloss and the frt brakes are flat black and I don't think the decals will fit properly for size constrants, I'm looking for Brembos but don't want to change size now thanks to all the feed back from this post it not a good idea and won't work, I'll keep looking something will pop up.

Quick Reply: Brembo's