HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Can someone answer this for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by turbotim
My HHR SS was supposed to arrive this week. Dealer said the shipment "terminated" on 4-18-08. I had not received a phone call from the dealer but was out of town. While I was gone I got on my dealer's website and found my SS in their new vehicle inventory. The VIN number matched the one I had been given and there was a dealer stock number. I telephoned my salesman and he said the vehicle had not arrived yet.

How does the vehicle inventory system on a dealer's website work? Is that information entered in by the individual dealer? Or is it fed to them from some sort of GM inventory management system?
The answers above are correct on the invoice arriving before the vehicle. When the invoice arrives the office staff will enter it into their inventory. That night the inventory automatically uploads to their web site. Stating that the order was "Terminated" but yet it shows in their inventory seems to imply that they have another buyer who is willing to pay more, although I can't be certain of that. But I do know if the order "terminated", the invoice would have never been sent to the dealer! I would call the sales manager and if he won't help try asking for the General Manager and if he won't help, find another dealer!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:50 AM

I placed the order with the general manager... it is a small town dealership. I feel he had been very honest with me but has passed me on to one of his salesmen. When they said the shipment terminated they said that meant it would arrive on or before the 18th. I really hope I have not had this vehicle snatched up from under me. Thank you for the reply I will go to the dealership today and see whats going on.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 AM

Chevy Mgr You are saying that if go into a dealer order a vehicale with a deposit they can sell it out from under you... thats sounds unethical
Old 04-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by tingle49
Chevy Mgr You are saying that if go into a dealer order a vehicale with a deposit they can sell it out from under you... thats sounds unethical
I didn't see anything about a deposit in the original post. But deposit or not if they promised him the vehicle, they should sell it to him.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:27 AM

My dealer said no deposit was required, my word was good enough for them. So I'm hoping their word is good too. It is probably just a mix up or a delay in shipping... just anxious to get my SS so I don't have to drive my 15 mpg diesel truck everyday to work
Old 04-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by turbotim
My dealer said no deposit was required, my word was good enough for them. So I'm hoping their word is good too. It is probably just a mix up or a delay in shipping... just anxious to get my SS so I don't have to drive my 15 mpg diesel truck everyday to work
I hope you get it too. Small town dealers can't afford the bad PR so they should take care of you. But the ''Terminated" wording is bothersome but it may just be a mistake.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 AM

TurboTim never said the ORDER terminated. He said that the SHIPMENT terminated, at about the same time as the dealer expected to receive the vehicle. Additionally, the vehicle is showing in the dealers inventory, meaning they were invoiced, which to my knowledge only happens AFTER a vehicle has shipped from the factory.

Without knowing the specifics of GM's shipping process, it all seems likely to point to some leg of the shipping having been completed, likely the main-carriage leg, which I assume is likely to be rail given the particular origin and destination. “Terminated” isn't a status I normally hear in shipping, but the context is an internal GM status that they have to use with multimodal transportation, depending on origin and destination of the particular vehicles (and GM ships from many origins to many destinations).

It still sounds most likely to me that it's in the process of moving from rail to truck, along with a bunch of other vehicles with destinations along the same route.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Nebulous1
TurboTim never said the ORDER terminated. He said that the SHIPMENT terminated

My mistake, that's what happens when I post before having coffee.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:19 PM

I believe terminated means it arrived by rail to a location to be "baded" which means to be unloaded from the rail cars, put in a lot, then assigned to a truck for shipment the rest of the way. They load the trucks so they have a route to several dealers, or one big one, and its planned out in a somewhat orderly way, sometimes its a "milk run" with stops at many dealers in a couple of states area, and sometimes just 1 or 2 dealers get all the cars.
Don't worry, it will show up shortly, took mine 7 days after that rail trip to Chicago to get to Indianapolis.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Well it has arrived. Dealer called and said it had just been unloaded from the truck. I stopped by to begin on the paperwork and got a sneak peek. Very excited, I will take delivery tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Can someone answer this for me?