HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Dealer Called

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:09 PM

Dealer Called

My dealer called to tell me that my HHR SS was put on a box train out of mexico on the 23rd of december. Looks like I will be getting it he said mid to end of the month.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 PM

Good for you. What color did u get? There is a silver one by my work, and I'm going tomorrow to try and do a deal.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 PM

Victory Red, Ebony w/ Red Interior, Stick, Every option but the 6 disc changer (of which I have no care or need for).
Old 01-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Dealer called again, will be here this weekend. I am excited. I have my loan approved already so they cant take advantage of me if they decide to. I need to know if anyone is getting a farm bureau discount and if so, how that works. I also am curious to know if anyone is getting a 1000 rebate for paying cash/bringing their own financing.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:55 PM

my finance company told me "the check in your hand is as if it was cash, paper money, $100 bills, with some $20's mixed in"..

they advised me that you negotiate as if you were going to lay the money on the table in stacks of cash, and to negotiate every warranty, discount, rebate, bonus, cash back, whatever....

that is EXACTLY how it went...I did not buy a new car, I bought a used 2006 model, which meant NO rebates...but it went down exactly as they said it would. The only difference was MORE work for the dealer...they had to fill out a form and fax the docs to the finance company to secure the funds, which they were familiar with doing.

I would contact your finance company, and ask them if you can seriously treat their check as cash...or if the dealer will be faxing over a P.O.(purchase order) for them to approve.

finance companies dont care if you get cash rebates, as long as they get their interest and money back.

p.s....that's one SLOW moving train, huh? I bet you're stoked.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 PM

I'm assuming my train is going "i think i can, i think i can".... but yea, the finance company said they could either deposit the money that day into my checking account or overnight me a check. Both ways require a purchase order from the dealer. I called the dealer already by the way, and he said I didnt need to do any of that and "just show up".... which is french for "once i got you here, i can work you over since you wont be well informed and have no other options".
Old 01-08-2008, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ween
Dealer called again, will be here this weekend. I am excited. I have my loan approved already so they cant take advantage of me if they decide to. I need to know if anyone is getting a farm bureau discount and if so, how that works. I also am curious to know if anyone is getting a 1000 rebate for paying cash/bringing their own financing.
Wow, me too, I am one week behind you, so that would be very cool if I had it in 10 days or so.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:09 PM

In Nov I bought a Colbalt for my son and got the 1000 rebate. They just took the thousand off the price. The Chevy dealer actually set up the loan through Chase for me. We could of gone with our credit union but the rate was the same so we just let the dealer do it.
The SS doesn't qualify you for any rebates like the LS or LT, least not in my area according to Chevy's web site.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ween
I called the dealer already by the way, and he said I didnt need to do any of that and "just show up".... which is french for "once i got you here, i can work you over since you wont be well informed and have no other options".

Nope...you see, the SALESMAN wants you there...the finance guy/gal NEEDS you there. The salesman will have NOTHING to do with the finances...you'll get the "hand off"...you will see the car, drive the car, ask questions about the car, and then he'll steer you towards the finance guy/gal's office and shake your hand...

the finance person will sit you down, type a billion things in to the computer, and ask you a few questions every few minutes..."do you want gap insurance?"...do you want an extended warranty?...who are you financing with?...do you want to bring it back for the perma-plate or leave it here?(which you can decide if you want to throw the extra $1500+ for perma-plate)

so...the salesman will ask about a trade in
the salesman will ask if you are financing

...all you need to do is secure the price with the salesman. There's a sales manager he'll consult with for pricing...and a finance guy...the finance guy is who you will pay...the salesman is the guy who will steer you towards the finance dept.

...THEN deal with the finance guy/gal.

make up your mind how much more money you want to finance in "goodies" before you even go down there.

I knew my absolute top budget...and I wasnt going to spend one more penny over it ON THE CAR...I knew I would go another $1000 in anything extra such as GAP insurance, etc. check with your finance company BEFORE you go down and see if they can sell you GAP insurance if you are considering that...it will most likely be cheaper than anyone the dealer recommends because the dealer will get a kick-back for selling it to you.

you know...dealers get a % of any finance charges if you finance through them...so when you bring your own deck to the table, you're the dealer...they're just there to move a car, and make a few bucks over the top...

your car
your money
Old 01-08-2008, 08:17 PM

Anyone else with the GM Credit Card get the $500 bonus savings card? Good through Jan 31st. Good for virtually all models, and does not specifically exclude SS, looks like it might be dealer stock only though.

Quick Reply: Dealer Called