HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Administrator

This is why I shave the badges off my rides!!! I'd rather be asked what is that , then why did you think you could fool us?
But an HHR is an HHR! No matter the chiclets or LS/LT or LTZ!!!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Technical Moderator

There have been a few members that bought used SSs and could not find the turbo or intercooler that they paid for.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:53 AM
RF2

I've gotten a lot of raised eye brows over this. But who really cares what badge is on it.
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2015, 10:55 AM

Ah, the "Cavallino Rampante". Is that all that's left of the Ferrari that it had for lunch?
Old 04-13-2015, 11:28 AM
RF2

It's still here. It spends most of its time on the rack.
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2manyvans
Guess I'm guilty. How bout the guys who cut their bars and have a 3 bar grille, paint it body color, to make it look like an SS?
The 3 bar mod came before the SS........
Old 04-14-2015, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by gunblaize
I just don't understand the conversion thing? It kind of messes with the guys who actually went out and bought an SS and actually have the SS models, and get to deal with the good points and the bad ones as well.

It's kind of like going and getting your ASE certs and then running into people who don't have their certifications claiming they do. All that does is 1: ticks you off, because you busted your butt for those certs 2: their actions make all ASE certified people look bad (guy claims he has his certifications but actually doesn't, botches a job, and now to the public all ASE certified individuals are schmucks). I wouldn't put a dodge sticker on my ford truck. If I wanted a dodge I'd buy a dodge.

I guess I'm just one for calling a spade a spade. If you're going to convert the body, may as well do an engine and interior swap as well.

I've never claimed to be anything that I'm not, and I don't understand why anybody would.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gunblaize
I just don't understand the conversion thing? It kind of messes with the guys who actually went out and bought an SS and actually have the SS models, and get to deal with the good points and the bad ones as well.

It's kind of like going and getting your ASE certs and then running into people who don't have their certifications claiming they do. All that does is 1: ticks you off, because you busted your butt for those certs 2: their actions make all ASE certified people look bad (guy claims he has his certifications but actually doesn't, botches a job, and now to the public all ASE certified individuals are schmucks). I wouldn't put a dodge sticker on my ford truck. If I wanted a dodge I'd buy a dodge.

I guess I'm just one for calling a spade a spade. If you're going to convert the body, may as well do an engine and interior swap as well.

I've never claimed to be anything that I'm not, and I don't understand why anybody would.
This contentious topic is present on all forums. If one owns one of the "standard" models and there is a SS type also, you will invariably insult some ones intelligence by trying to copy the SS, without exactly duplicating in all aspects. Happens on the Corvette forum with wide body conversions, happens on the Cadillac forum with upscale OEM add-on's, happens on Chevrolet truck forums adding stickers or chrome of more upscale models. Every time this happens, on whatever forum, the original owners always trash talk the copy cats. The copy cats always try to justify there activity. IMO neither side really wins. I wouldn't do it.....to each his own.

But as mentioned, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
Old 04-14-2015, 04:25 PM

I know someone who drives a SmartCar that they put SS badges on...
Old 04-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Deceased

Well RF2, if you really want to raise eyebrows with your Cobra, plonk a 454 Chevy Big Block or Columbo designed Ferrari V-12 in that critter.