HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Good price for an 09 hhr ss?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:05 PM

Okay they both have pros and cons.

I loved the raw power with the GTO it was wonderful to go and play with. The seats are great for long drives. I drove the day I picked it up to MA and RI for a GTO meet and put over 1k miles on it in 2 days no problem.

The HHR for long drives, we drove 15 hours 1 day in it to go and pick up our cat from the breeders and by the end I was okay, but I think any car would have been a bit rough after that long.

Interior wise the GTO beats the HHR easy for how the quality feels and looks to me.

The biggest reason I would go with the HHR is matanence. 5 MONTHS, for new rear seat covers to come in when they ripped, a month for a rear diff when it died after 1k miles on it.

Basic GTO parts, brakes ($300+ around) roters ($400+ around) , suspenssion (2-3k), wheel bearings ($500), things you wouldn't think of that would be espensive are. Take corvette priceing and double it for the GTO to fix anything.

HHR, I have only had 7 months, and somehow I end up with cars that live at the dealerships for some reason. I have had things break but part wise they were easy to get to fix, and if I had to pay myself it wouldn't have made me broke. I can get parts at any store typically same day if not next.

Pepboys / Advanced and such do not even stock parts for the GTO, you will be waiting no matter what for parts to come in and if it is your DD this can be a problem.

As for snow my guy had no problems with his M6 GTO with good tires on it in the snow. I had an A4, with the stock summer only's and a drag tune = if there was snow I was stranded, I had no traction and it was my own fault though not the cars really. It was not my daily driver though.

Hope that helps.