HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Got a ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 04:27 PM

hmmmm....

Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 AM

Hey Music Guy
"I told them they inspected the vehicle, and said it was road worthy, and it was my opinion they falsified state documents and sold me a car not worthy for the roads and highways of NC."
Your right, you did not read my post. As for blaming others, they sold me the car with said tint in place, inspected it and said it was street legal by doing so, and the tint was in place. I guess I should have bought one of those "tine meters" and inspected it prior to sale by your logic. Stupid me for assuming a Chevrolet Dealer (where I have bought vehicles since 1972) would abide by the laws of the state of North Carolina when engaging in business practice.

Last edited by Micmac; 03-25-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-25-2012, 12:54 PM

Could you please show me where in your post it states that you bought a used vehicle from that dealer with tint in place?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Musicguy
Could you please show me where in your post it states that you bought a used vehicle from that dealer with tint in place?
You don't get that from this part of the initial post in this thread? It's the same sentence he restated in post #32.......
Originally Posted by Micmac
I went to the dealer where I bought my HHR. I engaged in a conversation with the service department personnel who were quick to direct me to the sales personnel who were quick to direct me to the service personnel.I finally told the guy he would be hearing from my lawyer as I was tired of getting the run around, I told them they inspected the vehicle, and said it was road worthy, and it was my opinion they falsified state documents and sold me a car not worthy for the roads and highways of NC.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Micmac
I went to the dealer where I bought my HHR. I engaged in a conversation with the service department personnel who were quick to direct me to the sales personnel who were quick to direct me to the service personnel.I finally told the guy he would be hearing from my lawyer as I was tired of getting the run around, I told them they inspected the vehicle, and said it was road worthy, and it was my opinion they falsified state documents and sold me a car not worthy for the roads and highways of NC. At that point in time a man came out of an office, and directed me to a tint shop down the road and told me they would pay for all of it to be repaired. I may contact my attorney.

I know it was an assumption but when I read this part of the paragraph I knew right away that he ment it was tinted when he bought the car. The parts in blue really help to show that even without saying the words "it was tinted before I bought it".
Old 03-25-2012, 05:15 PM

He was so detailed about everything else and vague about that, just seems that there are a few possibilities about how to interpret that. Why wouldn't he answer when I asked that way back in the post? So do we assume the dealer installed the tint, it was installed elsewhere, the dealer knew it was too dark, but wanted to do him a solid and pass him anyway, knew it was too dark and didn't care, legitimately though it was fine....allright, I'll be off working my reading comprehension skills now, or at least how to be more agreeable. Disclaimer...the above, like much else, shouldn't be taken dead serious

And you didn't read mine either where I stated I had purchased one similarly. When I got my ticket I didn't go after the dealer.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:46 PM

Police safety is a red-herring in my opinion. Roll down the window when pulled over.... no more safety of police issue.

When I cross the border I know to roll down my rear window because it is tinted and they cannot see in the back.

If it was a police safety issue, why is any tinting allowed? There could be someone in the back as well.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by db/sb
You don't get that from this part of the initial post in this thread? It's the same sentence he restated in post #32.......
Thank you sir, I didn't come on this forum to argue. I felt my post succinct.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:29 PM

So you had purchased a used vehicle, and expect the dealership to fine-tooth every detail about the vehicle and law's governing such in your area, and by not doing such..your vehicle, in which you have signed for is now their responsibility?

Hope the new owner of my Cobalt doesn't track me down and sue me for the illegal window tint I had traded the car in with!

Take responsibility and move on, the time you spent wasting everyone's time at the dealer you could have removed the tint and had the ticket signed off on.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:00 PM

I thought that was why you buy a Chevy certified vehicle?

Quick Reply: Got a ticket today