HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Got a ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 PM

You're pointing the finger at everyone but yourself. When you buy a vehicle, it becomes your responsibility. What if you go buy new tires and you order bigger size tires than was on the car before. Then you drive home, and you get pulled over by the police for speeding. Your speedometer said 70, but you were actually going 74 because the tire size threw the speedometer off. So are you going to sue Firestone, Discount Tire, etc. because you got a ticket? Everyone is too sue-happy these days and needs to calm down. The world isn't going to end cause you got a ticket. The dealership already offered to remove the tint, and it sounds like you can get the ticket expunged if you show the courts the tint is fixed. The current deal/offer sounds more than fair. What else do want now? Are you going to sue them for "emotional distress"? You couldn't tell the windows had tint when you bought it? Give me a break. Your car, your problem. I would take up the dealer on their offer. It sounds like they are doing their best to please you for customer satisfaction, and you are getting all up in arms and threatening to sue, etc. It'd be one thing if they sold you a lemon or faulty car, but all this over a probably less than $150 ticket? Ridiculous.....
Old 03-30-2012, 07:00 AM

When I had the front windows tinted and a sun strip put in the same day I bought the car (over 4yrs), I had the tint company match the factory tinted glass in the back. Right then and there they told me I was going to be illegal. But even they aggreed, that it would look better matched, so I just assume the risk, and in four years never a problem. Bummer, but don't *****. Some states look at this as "kangaroo" court stuff, and extra money especially if it is someone from another state. Matched tint looks good don't it? pay the ticket
Old 03-30-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Micmac
I thought that was why you buy a Chevy certified vehicle?
Nah, you buy that for warranty and legit inspection purposes, not to cry over something as silly as window tint .

Your mistake, all good.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Micmac
Thank you sir, I didn't come on this forum to argue. I felt my post succinct.
suc·cinct
   [suhk-singkt] Show IPA
adjective
expressed in few words; concise; terse.
characterized by conciseness or verbal brevity.
compressed into a small area, scope, or compass.

ummmm.....not so much.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 PM

This whole thread is very entertaining.