HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Hahn Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Ha! except some of us stage 1 guys have a Trifecta tune over our GM tune
LOL. Is there a Trifecta tune for the SS auto? Anybody know of the HP gains?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:29 PM

According to Vince at Trifica[by e-mail], he says to expect around 50 hp,
and 70 flbs tq from his tune ,on a auto trans. Dual tune, stealth mode, infinaboost, switchable on and off, all for $400.00. Whats not to like?
People who have bought his tune, seem to really like it. I'm going to be next.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
I can understand your personal opinion can only be based on what you are exposed to. In this instance, I suspect you've only been exposed to one side of this story. I'll be happy to provide the other side for your, and other's, right to be well informed.
Seems your tune is a little high priced, for waht you get.
Dealers around here [Nor-Cal] want right at $1000.00 for the stage 1 kit, and so do you. Thats pure B.S. to me, when $400.00, and satified customers, will get me the same thing at less than half the price, and more features to boot.
Just my two cents.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Gmando
And the dealer can not detect it so they can't void a thing.
Are you 100% sure of that?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Not defending by any sort, b/c I would have much rather paid less, BUT at the time Hahns was released, it was the only tune out there. Supply and demand is what that was about. Now that there are other, much cheaper options, with IMO the same performance gains it seems as though the price should be adjusted. But on the other hand that would make the people (me) that paid 1K originally mad. It's a no win situation! Just find what's right for you and your price range, and enjoy the results. I have the Hahn personally and love it.... But b/c it was the only one out and didn't want to wait for something else I had to pay the big $$. I have raced another HHR SS with the trifecta and other than 600 dollars and the first gear boost being limited, those were the only differences.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by moonsign
Seems your tune is a little high priced, for waht you get.
Dealers around here [Nor-Cal] want right at $1000.00 for the stage 1 kit, and so do you. Thats pure B.S. to me, when $400.00, and satified customers, will get me the same thing at less than half the price, and more features to boot.
Just my two cents.
Pricing aside, I was more interested in countering the allegations of poor customer service in that link. If pricing was the only intention, the fella who posted that link would have chosen something else to post.

I, for one, think the Trifecta option is quite nice! We've referred many to them over the years.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:55 PM

I personally would have liked to go with the GM stage 1 tune, and would have done so, if I could have gotten the price right. The dealers around here are charging way too much labor, for the install of the stage 1, so I'm going with the Trifica tune, and hope it's undectable, if I do need warranty work, in the future. I could use the $500.00 difference elsewhere. $400-$500 labor is a little too much. "Moon"
Old 12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 08redhhrss
Not defending by any sort, b/c I would have much rather paid less, BUT at the time Hahns was released, it was the only tune out there. Supply and demand is what that was about. Now that there are other, much cheaper options, with IMO the same performance gains it seems as though the price should be adjusted. But on the other hand that would make the people (me) that paid 1K originally mad. It's a no win situation! Just find what's right for you and your price range, and enjoy the results. I have the Hahn personally and love it.... But b/c it was the only one out and didn't want to wait for something else I had to pay the big $$. I have raced another HHR SS with the trifecta and other than 600 dollars and the first gear boost being limited, those were the only differences.
You make some stellar points here. I doubt I could have said it better!

However, and with all due love to you and yours who did purchase PPC Tuner at the original price...market forces are indeed acting upon this.

So tell me, guys and gals: what would YOU like to see our BSR PPC Tuner product priced at?
Old 12-11-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by EcoBoost

So tell me, guys and gals: what would YOU like to see our BSR PPC Tuner product priced at?
500$ The prospect of switchable programs is enticing, but I have a mac, and a hand held tuner is more appealing to me.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by moonsign
After checking out that thread and getting a e-mail from vince[couple days ago], I'm gonna bite the bullet and get the Trifica tune, next week.
And smoke some stage 1 guys shorts.
I'll run yeah

Quick Reply: Hahn Performance