HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Hhr Ss

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:09 PM

Hhr Ss

Noisy engine compartment sounds entering into car. Ticking, clicking , Service says that this is normal operation of the high pressure fuel pump and clicking is from injectors. Gm say the same in there last minute bulletin to Good wrench mechs. Not a happy camper since sales person told me at the time of purchase that the sounds will go away as the car warms up......Any body email me at nicklucky@hotmail.com. I need to take a step further...
Old 04-11-2008, 01:31 PM

You listen to sales people? You didnt do your research? Another Person complaining about a SS? Come on people this is getting old super fast?

The noise is normal - there are already several posts about this.
The gap from the hood to fenders is for air, you can put regular hood liner there, but I wouldnt recommend it....

Good Luck Complaining
Old 04-11-2008, 01:52 PM

I am tending to argree with Jay Budget about the SS complaints getting old. It seems like every day there is something new to complain about.

I am sure there are a few happy owners out there right?

Were the expectations set too high for a turbocharged Cobalt wagon?

It is what it is folks, but please don't complain about the very things that make it an SS, like the seats, lack of armrest, engine noise, lack of chrome, ect ect...
Old 04-11-2008, 03:05 PM

The complaints are just to scare potential new owners away, that way the SS doesnt become a cavalier or grand am, every 2 seconds you see one on the road. I have an SS, first turbo i have owned, first brand new car i have owned, have had 2 issues with it that my dealer took care of right away. Wont hear me on here complaining though.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:28 PM

I love mine. First turbo car for me. No complaints about the turbo, noise, etc. Looking into forced induction options for my '69 Camaro now (and to think it already makes over 500 hp and tq).
Old 04-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Reality Folks

If you don't like you hhr ss, then please tell me what you ARE happy with. I am the biggest tight wad when it comes to cars. I could afford whatever (resonably) I want. If the sticker was under 50k, i've looked at it, driven it/borrowed, did the research. And i could not be happier.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by NickHHRSS
I love mine. First turbo car for me. No complaints about the turbo, noise, etc. Looking into forced induction options for my '69 Camaro now (and to think it already makes over 500 hp and tq).
Thank you.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jay Budget
You listen to sales people? You didnt do your research? Another Person complaining about a SS? Come on people this is getting old super fast?

The noise is normal - there are already several posts about this.
The gap from the hood to fenders is for air, you can put regular hood liner there, but I wouldnt recommend it....

Good Luck Complaining
No the noise should not be there if Gm did there homework and not so rushed to enter this hhrss onto the market. I see no postings. If the sales person did not tell me that the sound would go away when engine is warm i may of not bought . I am stuck now
Old 04-11-2008, 05:39 PM

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but this engine (2.0 L. turbo) is not new, (or rushed IMO) just new to the HHR, it is used in the Saturn Sky Redline and I think the Pontiac Solstice and the design originally comes from Europe. Also the SS has no hood sound isolation pad.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by dominick
No the noise should not be there if Gm did there homework and not so rushed to enter this hhrss onto the market. I see no postings. If the sales person did not tell me that the sound would go away when engine is warm i may of not bought . I am stuck now
Its a DI motor, injector noise is very common. The motor, nor the HHR SS were rushed. You have to do more than just hit the furoms for research. Sales people usually dont know anything, and your not stuck... You made a choice that doesnt fit you and now your going to have to live with your brand new SS, doesnt sound so bad to me... Your not stuck... You bought a car, no one sold it to you! I think I covered everything