HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

HHR SS Panel....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:49 PM

HHR SS Panel....

Do you think that it's a possible option? Cause if it is, I will wait to order that. Otherwise I am looking to order 2.4 panel in victory red. Decisions..Decisions. What to do???
Old 08-16-2007, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by LittleChickenRacingTeam
Do you think that it's a possible option? Cause if it is, I will wait to order that. Otherwise I am looking to order 2.4 panel in victory red. Decisions..Decisions. What to do???
I doubt it will be an option. I sell cars at a Chevrolet dealership and there's no word or rumor of one. You can always order a 2.2L and do an engine swap. I've been told by our service manager that it would not void the warranty.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Your bursting my bubble you know. I had already planned on changing the name of my locksmith biz....

Name:  HHR_SS_speedylockservice.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  32.9 KB
Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by LittleChickenRacingTeam
Doubtful, at least anytime soon. There was A LOT of information released today with no hint of a panel SS.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by chingchonger
I doubt it will be an option. I sell cars at a Chevrolet dealership and there's no word or rumor of one. You can always order a 2.2L and do an engine swap. I've been told by our service manager that it would not void the warranty.
You do an engine swap and your original powertrain warranty is out the door.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 AM

The other thing too is that panels are (probably) utilized for more hauling than a standard sedan HHR; the HHR SS's are not geared for hauling. The SS's (most likely) won't be able to tow. Yeah, it would look cool, but in essence Chevrolet would be selling a hauler that can't haul (other than hauling ass). That might be a bit of a tough sell.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:26 AM

Maybe later down the road nothing soon, but who know's this was a surpise to us peopl thought that the HHR was not going to get the SS package, I mean look at the Colorado SS that never happend, "yet"
Old 08-18-2007, 01:43 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by misterjensen
Yeah, it would look cool, but in essence Chevrolet would be selling a hauler that can't haul (other than hauling ass). That might be a bit of a tough sell.
Um, didn't GM go down that road already..........SSR?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
...Yeah, it would look cool, but in essence Chevrolet would be selling a hauler that can't haul (other than hauling ass)....
Old 08-18-2007, 12:48 PM

I'll be satisfied if you can special order the rear glass delete option, then order two passenger doors or find two panel door from salvage as I want the second row seating. I just got a second job so I can buy one custom ordered ready for delivery in Feb. Deb totally surprised me by telling me if I wanted it I could have it. She's such a LOVE! The way I see it! if you can order it with the rear window delete option then you should be able to order it with the panel doors as well. I mean they are building it with the parts available so what's the big deal? Since it's a custom order shouldn't I be able to custom order what I want?

Curtis & Deb

Quick Reply: HHR SS Panel....