HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

I got it i got it i got it!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
Nice ride!
How does it compare with the Element?
It's less roomy. I spent this morning shoehorning my equipment into the aft area. With both seats folded down, everything fits.

Just.

Then, I realized that there's no room for my suitcase. No problem, I don't need a suitcase that big. So that'll work out.

I couldn't take the paper speakers anymore. I replaced them with Infinity Reference units. Big, big, BIG difference.

Back to the differences...

No way the Honda ever handled or accelerated like the HHR. I'm interested in what the gas mileage will be once the engine is freed up. With less than 400 miles on the meter, I'm seeing 25 mpg in mixed driving. The Honda never got more than 26 mpg on the highway on its best day. It had the aerodynamics of a sheet of plywood. But it burned regular.

The Honda was taller, had bigger windows, better visibility. It had four-wheel drive.

The HHR is lower, has a "factory-chopped top" look, it's black, has very comfortable seats. As I said earlier, it handles better than any car I've ever owned. Its speed and acceleration will get me in trouble if I'm not very careful.

If I never saw an HHR SS, I'd still be driving the Honda.

But... the "WOW" factor won me over. This was a car I didn't need, but I wanted it.

It's going to be alot of fun.

Others' First Impressions:

When my wife first saw the Honda Element, she said, "It's so CUTE!!!"

When a friend first saw my black HHR SS .5-Panel, he said, "It looks like a hearse for a midget."

My Dad likes it alot. He's pushing 80, hasn't driven a stick shift in ___ years, but he wants to take it for a spin.

He also noted that it's the first black Chevy we've had in the family since his first new car - a 1955 Chevy.

Yeah, this is going to be alot of fun.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:45 PM

Congrats!! I love those colored seats.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM

"I couldn't take the paper speakers anymore. I replaced them with Infinity Reference units. Big, big, BIG difference."

You replaced all four door speakers?
Did you have to modify the door panels?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by millerrdjr
Did you have to modify the door panels?
I had it done at our local audio shop. They replaced the 6.5" speakers with the 6.5" Infinitys, so no cutting of the door panels was necessary.

Now, I'm having some sort of problem with my Ipod when it's attached via the USB cable. It simply stopped working. I'm wondering if the USB cable provides a constant charge to the unit. If not, I know why it stopped.

And I'm not impressed with XM Radio AT ALL.

But the Bluetooth phone thingie is great!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:07 PM

love the Seats! Ride looks nice!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:30 PM

What's the difference between the performance seats and the stock ss seats? I got mine off of the lot so I could not build it exactly. (reason i have the roof rails)
Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
What's the difference between the performance seats and the stock ss seats? I got mine off of the lot so I could not build it exactly. (reason i have the roof rails)
Take a look at this thread.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/2008-hhr-ss-exterior-interior-transmission-option-photos-13295/

Old 05-07-2009, 05:48 AM

http://picasaweb.google.com/VictoryS...irstCoatOfWax#

For your perusal, cleaned up a bit.

It's going back to the dealer Monday to have the radio looked at / listened to. When I connect my Ipod with the USB cable, there's a clicking sound.

For this, they're giving me a loaner / rental car for the day. This will be my first experience with dealer service. My fingers are crossed.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 AM

Nice snag man!!!

Glenn |B)
Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpeedway
I had it done at our local audio shop. They replaced the 6.5" speakers with the 6.5" Infinitys, so no cutting of the door panels was necessary.

But the Bluetooth phone thingie is great!
great info on the speakers, did you just upgrade them and kept everything else factory? No extra equipment, amps, wiring etc?

Jealous of the bluetooth...