HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

I now hate my HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sneezy
They ordered a new throttle body for it per GM. I should have it back this afternoon.

Lets hope it works.
Indeed.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:26 PM

The part has been delayed and won't be in until friday.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 PM

I feel your pain. I have had nothing but problems with mine. I have a surging issue. Dealer cant fixed. They have had the car off and on for six weeks. This is the second gm in a row that i have had problems with. Switching to ford. P.s. You are lucky. When i went on here and $%&*@ about my car, people were all over me.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:52 PM

There are also many non UAW people here who have had many many GM cars with very few problems that just find it odd some people have nothing but trouble.

We don't think you are making it up but when you have had almost 30 GM cars in your family over ther last 40 years and seldom have had any issues related to a GM fault it just make some wonder where your luck is.

One lost a cam after 90,000 miles in a 301 Pontiac in a 78 Buick, one lost a computer but was still covered under warranty even when it was out. Other than several very minor things we have seen very few major issues or failures. I just see brake replacments and Water pumps at the worst.

Also after spending years maintaining a fleet of GM trucks and company cars we saw few major issues there too.

I don't see it as blind love as much as just really bad luck on the part of a few.

I have a GTP now that I just had to put brakes on at 65,000 miles none were highway. I also just sold a GMC pick up with 100,000 miles with only a Water pump replacment and AC seal. It also had the original rear brakes. I still have my 1985 Fiero I bought new and in 25 years it still has the original exhaust and even still has the original Freon in it. It has never been recharged and still gets colder than any new car I have had in the last 10 years.

I can only wish you luck on what ever you end up buying.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM

I am sure the throttle body will solve your problem. I had the same thing in my 2005 GTO. Would go in to "safe" mode, then shut down completely. Good thing this happened while I was riding with the person who was installing the street tune via his laptop, after we switched the stock throttle body over to a ported version. Basically it is the round attachment to the throttle body itself, the motor the works the blade that malfunctions and throws the code. Positive once the new one is installed, your problem will be fixed.

Good Luck.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Toddolie
I am sure the throttle body will solve your problem. I had the same thing in my 2005 GTO. Would go in to "safe" mode, then shut down completely. Good thing this happened while I was riding with the person who was installing the street tune via his laptop, after we switched the stock throttle body over to a ported version. Basically it is the round attachment to the throttle body itself, the motor the works the blade that malfunctions and throws the code. Positive once the new one is installed, your problem will be fixed.

Good Luck.

I hope so, 10 days in the shop for this is to long. Half of it has been waiting for parts. I declined the rental because I have my Trans Am to drive...like the punishment aint so bad eh?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Just wait till the HID headlights fail in the Prius. They are a grand a side and there is a large case already pending because Toyota is not fixing them.

I see the HID issue being a big deal on many cars. I saw a Hyundia with them in an accident that did not look too bad but it was over $2,000 to fix the head lights alone and $16,000 to fix the car. The ZR1 hit hit and shouved into another car was only $10,000 to fix and it was her husbands car. Not a good day.

I didn't order the Prius because of Toyota or Relaibility. We got it because it FIT our needs.

After driving the HHR SS for a few weeks my wife realized a CAR would be fine as long as it had a hatch. Then we talked gas mileage.

Hence the Prius. And the extended warranty. The $1300 warranty on the HONDA paid for the $4500 transmission.

I'm not thrilled with owning another foreign car but thats what fit.

and I'm sure when Mr Settlemire finds out I will find a very large group of black GM Suburbans at my door step and he will no longer talk to me or invite me to the NY Autoshow and if he does, I will have to buy dinner....year after year.

SO GM where is my VOLT ?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sneezy
I didn't order the Prius because of Toyota or Relaibility. We got it because it FIT our needs.

After driving the HHR SS for a few weeks my wife realized a CAR would be fine as long as it had a hatch. Then we talked gas mileage.

Hence the Prius. And the extended warranty. The $1300 warranty on the HONDA paid for the $4500 transmission.

I'm not thrilled with owning another foreign car but thats what fit.

and I'm sure when Mr Settlemire finds out I will find a very large group of black GM Suburbans at my door step and he will no longer talk to me or invite me to the NY Autoshow and if he does, I will have to buy dinner....year after year.

SO GM where is my VOLT ?
Your Volt will be here soon and for once I expect a GM car that will be right out of the box. I would rather see them hold it a year vs messing up so the press can pounce on it.

As for the Prius that is your choice you need not make an excuse to me or anyone else. You are making the payments. I just commented on the law suit I saw on the head lights. I expect HID to be a future issue on any car with them.

As for Scott you are on your own. I will see him in Sept and if needed I can flash my SS keys to show I am still in the faith.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Your Volt will be here soon and for once I expect a GM car that will be right out of the box. I would rather see them hold it a year vs messing up so the press can pounce on it.

As for the Prius that is your choice you need not make an excuse to me or anyone else. You are making the payments. I just commented on the law suit I saw on the head lights. I expect HID to be a future issue on any car with them.

As for Scott you are on your own. I will see him in Sept and if needed I can flash my SS keys to show I am still in the faith.
Scott will come after me. No doubt.

And yes I do need to make excuses or reasons why WE bought what we did.

But I have always said, buy what fits. And we did.

I just want my HHR back!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:27 AM

Stuff breaks. Get over it.

What a bunch of whiners.

Quick Reply: I now hate my HHR