HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Just a quick ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by RoadDawg831
Just because the seats aren't a quick and simple interchange doesn't mean the Cobalt seats can't be adapted to fit your HHR. Customizers do this type of swap all the time with some ending up being relatively easy (cheaper) and some more complex (costly) but it can be accomplished. Check with some trim or auto shops in your area and I'll bet you'll be able to find someone who can give you some guidance or even tackle the whole job and make it happen.

Aren't there safety liabilities involved with switching out seats? I remember many moons ago I wanted to swap out my mini-van's middle bench seat with two captains chairs, but the shop wouldn't do it because of safety reasons.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:56 PM

I dont know about the safety issues. As long as the seat is securely mounted within the vehicle and doesnt interfere with safety restraint devices, it shouldnt be a problem. As far as what RoadDawg said I know a guy in town that does this type of work. Looks like I might as well hit him up :) Besides, I'll just take the seats for $100. If anything I can use them in my rec room haha. Awesome gaming chairs??
Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM

if you do switch them out i may be interested in your seats you remove.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by RoadDawg831
Just because the seats aren't a quick and simple interchange doesn't mean the Cobalt seats can't be adapted to fit your HHR. Customizers do this type of swap all the time with some ending up being relatively easy (cheaper) and some more complex (costly) but it can be accomplished. Check with some trim or auto shops in your area and I'll bet you'll be able to find someone who can give you some guidance or even tackle the whole job and make it happen.
I am stating that the seat assembly's (ie; cushions, pads, tracks, and most importantly the seat bottom frame) won't swap. It is possible that the cushions can be swapped from the cobalt to the hhr seat frame, but looking at the pictures I would say it's not probable that this is a simple swap.

As you state lots of places will modify seats to fit the consumers needs if that is what they desire.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by masterchief1112
if you do switch them out i may be interested in your seats you remove.
Not a problem. They're the silver insert seats just fyi... But if they come out I'll for sure let you know