HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

the latest....

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 06:25 PM

the latest....

well the latest is they have ordered a new ecm that will be put in on monday. another suggestion i told them... so far,they have replaced all possible parts and it seems the ecm is the final part to swap out.

on a somewhat brighter note,my ppc came in today ,but with no car to hook it to...yet
Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 PM

GM does not like to replace ECM's so for them to agree to doing that, is a good step forward.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:46 AM

Turbo problems are a real pain to diagnose with newer engines. I had some issues with my WRX when I bought it and it took me months to find a missfire caused by a loose bracket where the ground wires went Anyway, I think your symptoms are caused by a boost leak. The car runs good till the pressure causes the hose, clamp or whatever to let the boost out and the ecu detects the condition and cuts the boost to keep the turbo from being damaged (a leak causes the turbo to work harder to keep the boost pressure right but with the leak the turbo is working harder and still making no boost....). When you restart the car the condition is no longer there as the constant pressure causes the leak so the ecu thinks all is ok and boost returns. This would explain the codes your car throws too. Just guessing, it's difficult to diagnose problems when you can't see the car but your problem has been bugging me since I heard about it . I have problems leaving these kinds of things alone which is why I had to get rid of the WRX . Anyway, I would tell those dummies at your dealer to look for boost leaks and if they can't figure it out take it to a different dealer. Good luck and for gods sake please get it fixed so it stops bugging me ...
Old 07-19-2008, 04:01 AM

well they said my wastegate had a small leak and they replaced it,but the problem was still there. thanks man for keeping up and putting up with me. i really feel/felt like no one cared.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:50 PM

I agree with astropod.....I'd be checking the duct work....in the early 90's there was an un named 4 banger that idled good and if you drove easy it didn't give you problems....but.... beat it and drive it like you stole it, it popped codes and in general didn't run worth a cr@p.....come to find out when the engine torqued over/rocked back, the intake tube comin' from the air filter housin' to the intake would gap open which was tellin' the computer that you suddenly let off it and it would act according even thou you were gaggin' on the go pedal. That was one that took awhile to get right.