HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

My GM loaner car

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 PM
XXL

My GM loaner car

As posted by ChevyMgr here (highlighting mine)...

Dealer has one business day to complete the repairs. Customer needs to deliver the vehicle before 10:00am and if the repairs can not be completed by the end of the day customer is elligible for a rental. $37.00 per day on small vehicles (aveo, cobalt, hhr, old style malibu, colorado truck) and $42.00 per day on all others. Customer is responsible for taxes, insurance and fuel. Enterprise Rental is their preferred vendor although some dealers have their own inventory of vehicles or may use other agencies if Enterprise is not available. As stated before, rental MUST be a GM vehicle.

Roadside plucked my car out of the driveway on Friday morning. By Friday afternoon, the dealer called to indicate they needed to order a replacement part (from Outer Slobovia, and could only be delivered by yak)-- the pernicious plastic pipe that comes off the turbo.

But... I didn't qualify for a loaner at that time for some reason they could not explain. So... I walked Saturday and Sunday. Monday morning they said they would set me up with Enterprise. Four calls later, and Enterprise was going to be able to provide me a car... but my work was "too far" from their facility for them to deliver (isn't that what they advertise on TV as their value-add?). BTW, "too far" is what I commute every day... 24 miles. And, they would be closed before my wife had time to drive said miles, pick me up, turn around, and take me back to Enterprise. So... I walked Monday too ('cept for Spouse Shuttle, Inc.).

I managed to get to Enterprise this morning when they opened (actually, I got there when their posted office hours CLAIMED they opened. They didn't actually open for another 20 minutes, even though the staff was inside. Oh, they also couldn't deliver this morning to my house... too far... 8 miles. But, at least I'd get my loaner GM car (maybe even a clean one ). So what did they loan me? New Malibu? Maybe a Cobalt SS? Z06? Or just a clean Aveo sedan? Nope... the GM they loaned me was a Grand Marquis LS with dents on both front and rear, 56k miles on the odometer, and an ash tray that was dumped, but has not likely ever been wiped clean. I love the smell of a smoker's car. It reminds me of how precious lungs really are. I asked for another car, but I was told this was the ONLY car they had. I guess I could have walked (some more)... but I can't rely on my wife to shuttle all week. My GM experience thus far has been just grand.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 PM

They really did you wrong with not getting you a rental. The service rep should have driven it to you or picked you up if that's what it took.

Enterprise, well, that sucks, but you can't blame your dealer for what they gave you. I didn't know they even kept cars past 30,000 miles.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:56 AM

This sounds very suspicious. Rental cars are sold off at relatively low mileage and a Grand Marquis is not a typical rental car. I wonder if they just gave you someone's car to "borrow". Very strange.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
This sounds very suspicious. Rental cars are sold off at relatively low mileage and a Grand Marquis is not a typical rental car. I wonder if they just gave you someone's car to "borrow". Very strange.
then the rental guy..... or gal ..... pockets that money.....
Old 09-10-2008, 08:05 AM

Where do you live?? Enterprise in my neck of the woods would never rent a car like that, and fortunately rentals have been smoke free for years . . . .

Sounds like you got a rental from "Dewy Chetum and Howe" . . .
Old 09-10-2008, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by wxman
They really did you wrong with not getting you a rental. The service rep should have driven it to you or picked you up if that's what it took.

Enterprise, well, that sucks, but you can't blame your dealer for what they gave you. I didn't know they even kept cars past 30,000 miles.
Yep, I'm in a Enterprise rental that I will have for at least 8 more weeks until my SS is built and it has over 37k mi. on it. at least its a trailblazer but it is still beat to hell inside. I would never rent from enterprise if i was paying.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
XXL

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Where do you live?? Enterprise in my neck of the woods would never rent a car like that, and fortunately rentals have been smoke free for years . . . .

Sounds like you got a rental from "Dewy Chetum and Howe" . . .
Agreed, and that was one of my first thoughts... it's got a small green/black logo sticker on the back, and I got a real multi-page contract. It's definitely a crapmobile and somebody (Dewey or Enterprise) is definitely not putting any of their profits back into maintenance.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Founding Member

XXL do you live in BFE?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:28 AM

If you are going to be in this rental vehicle for an extended period of time ask to switch vehicles. They should be able to accomodate that.

I've been in a rental since my accident at the end July and I've had a Malibu, Silverado and now an Impala.

My rental is through Enterprise as well and I've never had a problem with quality of vehicle or service (although I did have to wait a day and half before they could track down a full size pick up for me.)

Just show up in the morning and ask for a switch-a-roo.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 AM

now you know to switch dealers. what did i do wrong do deserve this treatment. honda does nothing as far a replacement

Quick Reply: My GM loaner car