HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

My GM loaner car

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by millerrdjr
What did she look like?
What did she feel like?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by millerrdjr
What did she look like?

Originally Posted by Jeff®
What did she feel like?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:29 AM

I would go around the dealership and contact GM Customer Care and complain, complain, complain.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:45 AM

Hey X, I know what happened, I had a similar experience.
GM will NOT pay for any rental that is not a GM. They kicked back the claim from Enterprise, so Enterprise just passed it on to you. I am sure their contract with you states that you are responsible for any costs not covered by GM.
My original contract with Enterprise had "MUST BE A GM VEHICLE" highlighted at the bottom, so I got out of it because of their incompetence... If you still have your original contract look for that, if not, ask for a copy from Enterprise.
What a PITA!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by esmarkey
Hey X, I know what happened, I had a similar experience.
GM will NOT pay for any rental that is not a GM.

That's correct. Enterprise is now trying to use their IN-HOUSE slogan on XXL, "We'll Pick Your Pocket".

If Enterprise doesn't have a GM vehicle for one of our customers, THEY EAT THE RENTAL DAYS, until they can get one. That's our agreement with them. Can't speak for dealers in BFE.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
That's correct. Enterprise is now trying to use their IN-HOUSE slogan on XXL, "We'll Pick Your Pocket".

If Enterprise doesn't have a GM vehicle for one of our customers, THEY EAT THE RENTAL DAYS, until they can get one. That's our agreement with them. Can't speak for dealers in BFE.
My dealer had a cubicle for Enterprise in their dealership and had the disclaimer "GM vehicle only" highlighted on all the contracts in that cubicle.
I had a Jeep provided by Enterprise for over a week while waiting for a replacement headliner. When I brought it into the dealer to pick up my car they saw it was a Jeep and just laughed and said "Enterprise will have to eat the cost, and it won't cost you (me) anything".... Which was the case.

Sorry to hear about your problems on this one X, I would definitely get the GM service rep involved out there in BFE.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:47 AM
XXL

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
I would go around the dealership and contact GM Customer Care and complain, complain, complain.
Sadly, this whole ordeal was the _result_ of my efforts with GMCC. To date, I've had literally on the order of 80 phone calls (they're very good at calling every few days to "check in"), but all I've accomplished from that interaction (besides a collosal waste of time) is they sent me a "free oil change" letter "for my troubles" (something that the selling dealer was supposed to give me in the first place from our original sales negotiation). I still don't have a printed owner's manual-- one of the items on my list of issues, the dash squeaks worse than it did before it was "fixed," and now Enterprise wants to charge me $296. I carry the double-badass AMEX triple-whammy godl-pressed-latinum card, so I fully expect that my dispute will make this go away from a dollars perspective. However, this is just one more on the list of BS items that will not likely have me buying another new GM product. I'll stick with my '69 Chevy for my GM fix and buy "foreign" for my modern cars.