HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

No armrest with Manual transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:15 AM

Third time was the charm!! I finally got the correct armrest, my car is now complete.

Now I just need to wait patiently for my "Upgrade Kit".
Old 09-19-2008, 12:01 PM

what upgrade kit?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 PM

Well, it's been almost 2 months since I started this project and still don't have a passengers side armrest, although I have a nice rusty bracket that you can see through the new plastic guard with the cut out for the armrest. My 2nd replacement came in last week and yep, it was another drivers side. My dealer said that it came from another dealer that had it in stock, but the packaging was cut right where you can read the little label that says "drvr". So I wonder who's I got? Makes me wonder if we have all been "trading" that same wrong arm around....
Also, after really going through the parts list an figuring what I paid for each part, I was disgusted at having to pay over $20 each for 2 washers, er I mean F plates! The real insult was a $71 plastic shoulder washer!!
Oh well, that's the price of doing it the way GM should have offered it.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:15 PM

well all i can say is its well worth it! it took them 3 tries to get the right part for me. they had to get them from the line, the dealer told me he kept the other 2 arm rest to make sure they didnt try to just send them back. im about to start working on getting a parts list for the driver side now too, i pulled the cove off the seat and it looks like there is some bracket that will bolt in. just have to to cut holes in the seat cover for it.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 PM

My dealer is on his 5th (yes, fifth) wrong armrest!! They keep getting the drivers side even thought the packaging states passenger side
It has now been almost 3 months since I ordered and paid for everything. The other parts all came in within a week (that includes the 2 $20 washers, and the $70 plastic shoulder washer and all other necessary hardware), but still waiting on the armrest.

Since I am impatient, I took the passengers side out of my wife's LT so I can use it. The fabric does not match, but it works.
My wife is really ticked off at me and wants her armrest back. Maybe I should send her down to the dealer to see if she can help expedite getting mine in
I would love to see them have to deal with her

Old 11-22-2008, 08:28 AM

Well my dealer got the 5th wrong one as well and is not willing to order me the right one,and too bloody lazy to do their job and have them inspect the part before they ship it. Anyone willing to check their dealer and get me the right one. I'll pay for the part,shipping and a decent finders fee.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by BLUEHHRSS5SPEED
Well my dealer got the 5th wrong one as well and is not willing to order me the right one,and too bloody lazy to do their job and have them inspect the part before they ship it. Anyone willing to check their dealer and get me the right one. I'll pay for the part,shipping and a decent finders fee.
Tell your dealer to get off their lazy . maybe Chevy Mgr can help you out.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:11 PM

No wonder GM is goin' down slow...

Billy-Bob
Old 11-23-2008, 08:21 PM

I am on my fifth wrong arm rest as well.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by BLUEHHRSS5SPEED
If you do this, have them open it in front of the dealer and check the little tag under the upholstery to make sure it's the right one before they ship it! All of mine have said passengers side on the outside!
I'll be coming up on 4 months in a while and have received 5 wrong ones... I wonder if we are just getting the same ones shipped all over the country
Do you think there is a pile of passenger side armrests sitting somewhere?

Quick Reply: No armrest with Manual transmission