HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS Battle Scars / Post them here

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
It did I have the burns to prove it. The bag in this case hurt me more than if it had not gone off. I was almost stopped.
Crap!
Was this recently?!

Well, it isn't pretty to see a lovely Black SS looking sad, but it is replaceable--you aren't.

Hope you're ok!

DUH--just looked this up, DANG! Again, car is replaceable...

@

Last edited by afs9; 08-04-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: found thread for crash...duh!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by SS HHR CDN
I don`t have the time to take pictures of all the dents in mine after the hail storm Got to wait till next Tuesday before the insurance guy looks at it to find out if I get a new one or not.
if not and you keep the current one take the time to possibly do a 2 tone paint scheme (sp?)
Old 08-05-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by vandy0419
This is a sad sad thread to see...
makes me want to go out in the parking lot and hug my SS
Old 08-06-2008, 09:48 PM

I don't have a picture but on Monday I was on the Highway and a dump truck dropped some rocks or gravel out of its load and one bounced back up and put a nice crack in my windshield. I was like 5 car lengths behind so it was not like I was following closely. But I did speed up to get the number off the back and when I got closer I noticed that there was a decent sized hole in the back of the truck and the vibrations were causing rocks to spill out. I called the number and the a$$holes said they are not responsible for damage from debris off their truck and when I explained to them about the hole all they had to say was "well its an old truck and there is nothing we can do about that"

I am not a happy camper. I took it to a glass repair place and they said it did not go through the windshield and it is less than 2 inches in diameter so they can fix it and make it look good as new for about $80.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by bobiroc
I don't have a picture but on Monday I was on the Highway and a dump truck dropped some rocks or gravel out of its load and one bounced back up and put a nice crack in my windshield.
I'm on the last day of a 2-week road trip through California, and today a stone was kicked up by a pickup ahead of me while doing about 75 mph, and I've now got a nice crater in my windshield, luckily on the passenger side. Sounded like a gunshot going off - scared the crap out of me. Don't know if it's fixable, I've never had a damaged windshield before. It's about the size of a dime, with some small cracks just starting to spread out.

I'm really not looking forward to the day I get my first paint chip or dent.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Programmer
I'm on the last day of a 2-week road trip through California, and today a stone was kicked up by a pickup ahead of me while doing about 75 mph, and I've now got a nice crater in my windshield, luckily on the passenger side. Sounded like a gunshot going off - scared the crap out of me. Don't know if it's fixable, I've never had a damaged windshield before. It's about the size of a dime, with some small cracks just starting to spread out.

I'm really not looking forward to the day I get my first paint chip or dent.
This is my first cracked windshield as well, but the way it was explained to me is if the crack is bigger than 2 inches or is all the way through the windshield then it is best to replace the windshield. Seeing as yours started to spider out you may have to do just that. I would take it in as soon as possible. Most body shops can repair/replace glass windshields. I got my Quoted at Gerber Collision and Glass and they are nationwide chain so their may be one in your area.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:14 AM

Courtesy of jonboyb

Old 08-27-2008, 04:40 PM

In the first couple weeks of ownership of my GP, a stone hit the windshield and put a nice gouge in it. And of course it was right at eye level and in the line of sight. I never pursued getting it fixed and I got a few more as time went on.

I'm waiting any day now for the first rock to damage the SS windsheild. And the SS windsheild is much more vertical than the GP, so the damage will likely be worse.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:44 PM

We need a tread on just Cell Phone related accidents.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:48 PM

i had a old chevy S10 trailblazer blow a tire infront of me .. driver did a great job of holding it together...anyways get hit by a huge piece of rubber at 80mph.. left a horrendous black mark .. luckily it just wiped right of the clear bra...

Quick Reply: SS Battle Scars / Post them here