HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS Battle Scars / Post them here

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:59 PM

Well, I've had my SS for 5 days now. Lo and behold when I came out from my hotel room to go to work this afternoon, 1 of the hotel workers was googling my ride. So, I was telling him about it and showing it off when I walked to the front of the vehicle only to see a nice white streak across my bumper! Some ****stick hit my bumper pulling into the parking lot last night or this morning and left. I was ready to kill someone! I'll definately be checking all of the white vehicles around the hotel parking lot tonight, as well as the white vehicles within a 3 block radius! 450 miles on the odometer and some idiot has to pick mine out to hit. If I find them and I make the news, look for me, I'll be waving as they take me off to jail.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:17 PM

^ sucks man, sorry to hear that.

I've got about a 4" long by 1" white scuff on passenger rear lowest part of the bumper/ground fx kit...must have backed up on a curb or something and didn't even realize it til I was washing the car yesterday.

Also have several long narrow and deep scratches on the driver's side rocker panel. Not a clue where those came from. I've parked in a few rocky parking lots while floating and camping, so I suppose it could be that, but I've never bottomed out or felt any scrapes. Oh well.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:23 PM

While washing the car makes it look awesome, it is sometimes a depressing exercise because that's when you usually find the damage....
Old 09-02-2008, 06:24 PM

I can't look!

This thread is terrible!!!

Make it stop! Make it stop!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:59 PM

Well I should get mine back between Wed and Fri. I will post pictures of the repaired SS for a positive result of this thread.

I was really lucky as it was not damaged near as bad as it looked. I also was very lucky to have a very good body man at the dealer.

They used all new parts and repaired even the smallest defect. I mean the intercooler mounts on the frame were even replaced and painted and blended to the point you can see where it was painted.

The only new body paint will be on the bumpers. He did paint the side FX too as they had some marks from of roading. No sheet metal was damaged not frame etc. I had one small mark on the wheel and they even replace it.

When I took it in I had 2 dings on the hood from the factory where they ran the bolts or studs in too far and a stone chip in the front bumper. All are gone.

I had them leave the plate bracket off the front as it was already on when I picked it up. Now I can put on my folding plate bracket that slides under the air dam. I will post pictures one it is on as it is slick.

Over all I will get back a HHR that is in many ways better than what went off the road.

I was dang lucky to walk away and to still have my SS in a condition it was damaged that would haunt me for years.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Here's what mine looked like today.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pacecar
Here's what mine looked like today.
Tha looks like the cutaway car they use on the NASCAR boadcasts!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I had them leave the plate bracket off the front as it was already on when I picked it up. Now I can put on my folding plate bracket that slides under the air dam. I will post pictures one it is on as it is slick.
I've seen one of these on a Solstice, and yes it is definitely awesome. I wish my dealership hadn't pre-drilled my front bumper, because otherwise I would definitely be using one of these.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:28 PM

Backed into a Toyota Avalon two weeks ago and totally damaged the Toyota! Only going your typical speed no gas just foot off the brake and the dent I left looked like she hit a pole doing 40. My SS only had a dent the size of my finger nail and a huge scratch down to the plastic on the right corner of the bumper. $800 later it's all fixed and back to new but this is definetly one tough little car! She had at least 2G's easily on her fix.

The only good thing about this was no one was hurt and I got all the scratches on the rear bumper fixed!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 AM

I hit Semi truck retread @ 80 mph. Here are some pics of the carnage.

Quick Reply: SS Battle Scars / Post them here