"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Do It yourself factory Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 PM

Hey guys...just recently became the owner of an HHR and have a few questions with regards to wiring up my new fogs.

First, I bought the bulb connectors for the fogs and the connectors have two wires coming off as they should. Neither one is designated ground and power so how do I know which is which or maybe it doesn't matter?

Second, I bought the snap in lights..the OEM aftermarket replacements. Does anyone know how many amps these are? I've looked and cannot find that info.

Finally, where did you guys have luck finding the female connector to attach the power wire to the relay? Before I set out on a mission to find one that small, I thought I would ask first.

Thanks for all the info in this thread..you guys are great!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:04 AM

This is a great write up. I installed a set of Depo fog lights on my '011 1LT. Factory had already installed switch wiring, fuse and relay but following your easy directions I was able to install the needed conductors down to the fog lights. They work great. DRL turn off when fogs are energized, fogs turn off when high beams are energized. Thanks, I wouldn't have figured this out without your help.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM

Oh yeah I wanted to add one moment of concern for me. After I put everything back together everything in the car worked except the engine would not turn over. After pulling the fuse panel apart and back together a few times I finally realized the plugs were not fully engaged. Once the plugs were right and everything was tight she fired right up. Thanks again for the "how to".

Lee
Old 10-10-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ecpff
Oh yeah I wanted to add one moment of concern for me. After I put everything back together everything in the car worked except the engine would not turn over. After pulling the fuse panel apart and back together a few times I finally realized the plugs were not fully engaged. Once the plugs were right and everything was tight she fired right up. Thanks again for the "how to".

Lee
I thread the fuse panel posts into the connectors below and pull up to seat the connector underneath before threading the post the rest of the way. This alleviates the chance of the issue you experienced.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:36 PM

This does not sound like a bad deal I asked the dealer if they would install them if I got them and they said they could not, but I wonder being they are oe gm parts if the dealer will install them.
Does the harness have a part number?
This site just rocks with all the good info and the people that are willing to share their knowledge
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 PM

I went to the dealer that I bought my hhr from,they wanted like 145 bucks a piece for the fog lights So I guess I will have to see if I can do this myself.Then take it to dealer to have bcm programed. Don't know if I fully understand the connection for the fuse box. Do you plug into that place where the red arrow is? then do you split it one for each light?
I will check out ebay to see what the fog lights will cost.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:21 PM

Ok folks gonna take the plunge bought the oem fog lights from eBay seller today also ordered the dash button.A friend of mine works for a local garage and I might be able to get some lift time.
All is good,
Old 03-24-2012, 01:23 PM

I have a question.

according to this image we have to connect a wire to the tab where the red arrow points or the green arrow and is that the size wire?
looks kinda lite for 2 fogs to run off. This is all I have left to do lights are in wires are in place right to the fuse box.
Just need the final info.
Thanks if you can help

Last edited by kb0sdq; 03-26-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:33 PM

Can anyone give some advice that knows this install?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 PM

Question Foglight adjuster size

Was wondering, Does anyone know what size is the adjuster screw in the foglights? tried a few allen keys and h bits to no avail,
I have the rh light is high need to lower a bit,

Quick Reply: Do It yourself factory Fogs