"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

How to add GM Remote Start without option AP3

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Daytonablue06
so did this work for you?>
Yes it works, just remember to set the DIC to remote start on, and then read the directions in the owner's manual and substitute "panic & lock" for "start button.
I do wonder if it would work for fleet cars that had the TPMS reset option turned off, I had mine turned on before I saw this mod.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 PM

I looked through the list on the DIC on my 09 former rental. Sadly Remote start did not appear when scrolling list.
Or..... do I need to ground the wire for that option to appear? Inquiring minds want to know.

On a side note that sticker that is supposed to be in glove box has been gouged out of its home. As has some sticker that used to be on head liner behind driver side sun visor. Does anyone have pics of these beasties?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fox Hat
I looked through the list on the DIC on my 09 former rental. Sadly Remote start did not appear when scrolling list.
Or..... do I need to ground the wire for that option to appear? Inquiring minds want to know.

On a side note that sticker that is supposed to be in glove box has been gouged out of its home. As has some sticker that used to be on head liner behind driver side sun visor. Does anyone have pics of these beasties?
I assume you know to do the "get into program" press Info & Return at the same time for 3 seconds, then scroll thru those options. I do not know about 2009 specifically ,but it appears on my 2008 before the grounding.

The the only label I know of are ON the sun visors would be the "air bag death" warnings; and it may be a violation of Federal law to sell a vehicle with them removed! You may want to investigate legalities of the sale of a vehicle with missing decals. Most if not all of the yellow decals on vehicles sold in the US are REQUIRED , even the ones on the underside of the hood showing the vacuum hose routing.

The local stealership parts dept. should be able to show you the labels.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 AM

Can you use 15114374 remote start for a 2010 HHR?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:36 PM

Yes. That is the number on all my fob's. I belive the replacements I bought were listed as for a Buick and a Saturn. The "lock" & "panic" buttons at the same time also will start the vehicle with the fob's.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 PM

To make a remote start fob from a non remote fob, change the front shell, or put your guts in the shell with the remote start, the internals are all the same.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:54 PM

Any luck with that? Or does anyone else know? I'm in the same boat with a 2009 former rental, went into the DIC and didn't see the Remote Start option. Is there something else that needs to be done first?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by PonyBoy82
Any luck with that? Or does anyone else know? I'm in the same boat with a 2009 former rental, went into the DIC and didn't see the Remote Start option. Is there something else that needs to be done first?
I have no personal experience with 2009, mine is a 2008. Just to be real clear you are looking in programming mode in the DIC right, where you can choose door unlocking options, reset the oil etc. (hold both info & return for 2 seconds). It would be odd/expensive for GM to use a completely different software package for rentals.
Can you re-learn the TPMS tire positions using the procedure in the manual? The reason I ask is that is the same module and I had mine "fixed" before I tried the Remote Start; that was an adventure involving re-programming the computer, but I seem to remember the option was there before.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:30 AM

Has anyone done this on a 2010? I did it yesterday but it didn’t work. I switched out the fob shell. I also tried the lock and panic buttons. I know they changed the type of fob in 2010.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:28 PM

Other end of the Purple wire..

does anyone know where the far end of the purple wire is ?
I don't have a schematic so I don't know where to start looking....
Thanks

John

Quick Reply: How to add GM Remote Start without option AP3