Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:17 PM

Thank you very much for the photo of it

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
Here is a pic from TTR's site

Note that it can come in different colors.
I am lucky enough to live in driving distance from Aaron, so I believe I'll make that my first trip, this weekend.

Last edited by IneedanHHR; 07-06-2017 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Misspelled name
Old 07-05-2017, 08:24 PM

OK, I fixed the pics. The very last character in the link, right before [IMG/], was a "/" ,(without the quotes). I replaced that with ".jpg"(without quotes). Not sure why it happened.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:33 PM

Is this the TTR mount? I hope!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member

If your SS does not have a rear sway bar, that should be your 1st mod. It will greatly improve the handling and eliminate most of the body roll when cornering fast.
The stock SS did not come with a sway bar. It does have some sort of axle bar but not a true sway bar.

If you do decide to get the TTR mount, they are available in different colors. I opted for the body color match.
Name:  upper mount 2.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  37.2 KB
Old 07-05-2017, 08:39 PM

I have read many posts that swear by that sway bar

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
If your SS does not have a rear sway bar, that should be your 1st mod. It will greatly improve the handling and eliminate most of the body roll when cornering fast.
The stock SS did not come with a sway bar. It does have some sort of axle bar but not a true sway bar.

If you do decide to get the TTR mount, they are available in different colors. I opted for the body color match.
Attachment 22026
I don't plan on racing it, but I do want the best control I can get (in case the opportunity should slap me in the face to act young and stupid) for any driving.

I have also read many posts that say you can install this in your driveway.
What do you think? Can a novice do it?
Old 07-05-2017, 08:42 PM

firemangeorge

From what angle were you able to get that good of a picture?
I took a number of them, and posted the best one,
Though I'm not sure it's the right part.
I would certainly want it to be just like yours.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by IneedanHHR
That pic had the same / at the end

Hard to say, you didn't get much of it in the pic. Like I said it's tough. Seeing that little bit of 'ridge' at the lower left corner of your pic, I'm leaning towards it being the stock mount.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Technical Moderator

They seem to have changed the gallery again, but it worked for me when I right click on the pic, choose copy image location, then paste into the insert image dialog (overwriting the http:/).

Used to be you could get the URL from the gallery. I guess I know what I'll be doing in the next few days before I prep for the colonoscope on Monday.

They are expensive, but you can purchase a Shop manual from Helminc.com. Or you might try joining gpona.com, they used to have online service manuals after you posted an intro post.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
They seem to have changed the gallery again, but it worked for me when I right click on the pic, choose copy image location, then paste into the insert image dialog (overwriting the http:/).

Used to be you could get the URL from the gallery. I guess I know what I'll be doing in the next few days before I prep for the colonoscope on Monday.

They are expensive, but you can purchase a Shop manual from Helminc.com. Or you might try joining gpona.com, they used to have online service manuals after you posted an intro post.
That seems to work well! When I right click (and copy image address) on her pic, it has the .jpg on the end, instead of the /
Old 07-05-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by IneedanHHR
I don't plan on racing it, but I do want the best control I can get (in case the opportunity should slap me in the face to act young and stupid) for any driving.

I have also read many posts that say you can install this in your driveway.
What do you think? Can a novice do it?
Yes, very easy! I think I backed up onto ramps, because the car is so low. But it was extremely easy, you should be able to get a torque wrench from your local Autozone or O'reilly's with their 'loaner' program. You buy it, use it, return it (I think you have 90 days, but ask) for a full refund. Or buy one for, I think, around $20 from HarborFreight.

I 'borrowed' one from Autozone, went out to torque my wheels. Whoever had it before me had snapped off the square lug, and glued it back together, then returned it. The clerk told me that they would have refunded the guy anyway, he wished the guy would have told him.

This was a 1/2" torque wrench, capable of pretty high torque values. The guy was trying to loosen something extremely tight/rusted. So one of my extensions is still stuck on that square lug, I'm gonna have to drill and drive a screw into the lug to remove it.

Last edited by RJ_RS_SS_350; 07-05-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Quick Reply: 2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4