Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by donbrew
The HHR is listed here as a "light truck".
digit 5/6 a6-a0 denotes SS, digit 8 X denotes 2.0L LNF TURBO.
VIN decoder:https://service.gm.com/dealerworld/v...-09%20r1.1.pdf
Now I know the innernets ain't never wrong, so when did they put a
LNF 2.0 "diesel" in the SS ?

2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-screenshot-44-.png
Old 07-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Technical Moderator

They are both Direct Injection?

I think Opel or one of the Euro brands did indeed make the 2.0L into a diesel.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:10 AM

It is truly Independence Day! My Baby Is In My Backyard!!!

I have posted as many pictures as the program would allow me to in a new album titled "Independence Day & My Baby Came Home" that I hope you can take a look at. Many of the pictures may not mean anything, but I had no idea what might be important. I'm not sure how to put a link here for them.
I took my baby out of town a bit and it ran a little over 100 MPH before I had to back off because the road curved. I'll find a better road tomorrow and video it and hope there are no weird sounds.
Everything about it is wonderful, though I do have a few questions. They are not terribly important, but are bugging the bejeebers out of me.
How do I get the headrest to go down?
What is that round thing (with a small light in it) that is next to the moonroof controls on the ceiling? It doesn't turn at all and when I push it, nothing happens.
1st pic: There is this area that seems meant for something, but I don't have a clue what. It doesn't look like any ashtray I've ever had in any car I've owned. Can you please tell me what it's for?
2nd pic: I'm concerned about this big crease in the driver's seat. There is no wear at all, just this strange "thing" there. Can I replace this seat with a heated one? I thought it would be since it had so many extras similar to the 2.4 I wanted.
3rd pic: What should I put over this? Can I just order a replacement for it?
4th pic: Finally, my dashboard showing 133,656 which is over 6,000 miles less than I thought it had on it.
All in All, it has been an amazing find and most definitely a day of celebration for my Independence Day. I had started to question if I would ever find my baby.
Thanks to ALL of you who have supported me in my search. Now I'm off to find whatever goodies you think I may need to make this beast all my own.
Attached Thumbnails 2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-img_20170704_195444350.jpg   2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-img_20170704_192014285.jpg   2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-img_20170704_191927431.jpg   2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-img_20170704_201924594.jpg  
Old 07-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Very nice, enjoy that SS!
Old 07-05-2017, 07:44 PM

I wasn't sure what pics to take under the hood

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Don't order anything until we see pictures of under the car at the rear and under the hood on passengers side of the engine, it may already have a TTR engine mount.
because I don't know what a TTR engine mount looks like.
So, I just took a bunch of pics in hopes one of them would help determine where I need to start in ordering what I need.

I'm not sure if any of these help, if not I have 3 pages of pics in this album.
I'm waiting for our weather to clear to wash it good and clean it out, then I'l add more pics.
I just wanted to see what you thought

Last edited by RJ_RS_SS_350; 07-05-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Technical Moderator

Do you see the links in my sig? a couple of them will help you. Like how to post pictures and how to get an Owner Manual for free.

You can create more albums.

The thing in the first picture is for your sunglasses and wallet.

If that bow tie is on the lift gate handle, you can buy a new one on eBay or from a dealer. It is held on with 3M tape.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:07 PM

I didn't see it in any of your pics. It's part # 18 in this diagram. Front of engine, which is on the passenger side

Here is a pic of my stock mount

2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-stock-engine-mount.jpg

Here is a pic of the TTR mount, installed

2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-ttr-engine-mount.jpg

Note that the stock mount has 'ridges' and is more triangle shaped, the TTR mount is smooth and boxier. It's tough to get a good pic. The smooth part just right of the washer bottle(bottle is lower left of pic) is the 'boxy' part of the TTR mount. Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Do you see the links in my sig? a couple of them will help you. Like how to post pictures and how to get an Owner Manual for free.

You can create more albums.

The thing in the first picture is for your sunglasses and wallet.

If that bow tie is on the lift gate handle, you can buy a new one on eBay or from a dealer. It is held on with 3M tape.
I read your post as I was doing the pictures. I copied the url, put the cursor where I wanted the picture and then used the insert image.
What did I do wrong?
Yes, that picture is from the liftgate.
Still learning.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:11 PM

Here is a pic from TTR's site

Note that it can come in different colors.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:15 PM

I will take more pics tomorrow when there is better sun

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
I didn't see it in any of your pics. It's part # 18 in this diagram. Front of engine, which is on the passenger side

Here is a pic of my stock mount

Attachment 22024

Here is a pic of the TTR mount, installed

Attachment 22025

Note that the stock mount has 'ridges' and is more triangle shaped, the TTR mount is smooth and boxier. It's tough to get a good pic. The smooth part just right of the washer bottle(bottle is lower left of pic) is the 'boxy' part of the TTR mount. Hope this helps.
I won't know if it helps until I take my laptop out there and try to find my mount.
I truly know very little about cars, but I plan to learn as much as I can from all of you. I read many of these posts and I don't have a clue what they refer to. But, I will someday.
I want to learn, and not just because I'm tired of handing my money over to others for close to 5 decades, to fix many things I should be able to do myself.
Like someone said in a post I just read, I plan to drive the wheels off this baby. The difference is, I want to know how to put new wheels back on it.
I believe this will be my last vehicle. So it is very important to me to treat it the best way I know how.

Quick Reply: 2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4