Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Almost2011HHR/LT2

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by 11BlueJ
This looks like an LT2, or at least has the 2.4

2011 Chevrolet HHR LT Mocha Steel Metallic, Wagon, 4 SPD AUTO TRANSMISSION, HMD. Dealer: Auburn Chevrolet (Auburn, WA ~ 14 mi. away)

It's a 1LT not a 2LT and also a Dealer trade once over.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Silverfox
It's a 1LT not a 2LT and also a Dealer trade once over.
Check the CarFax report.. & you should be allowed to take it to your local mechanic for a thorough inspection..
Old 06-08-2011, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Check the CarFax report.. & you should be allowed to take it to your local mechanic for a thorough inspection..
Even with a dealer trade it is still considered a New Car and the only issue should be if the prospective new buyer objects to the mileage on the car and how long overall it has been on the dealers lots exposed to normal weather, lot boy washings, and possible lot traffic/lookie lou damge etc etc. Scratched/scuffed paint or dirty shoes...
Stuff from excess lot time sitting ... ****e Happens.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Silverfox
Even with a dealer trade it is still considered a New Car and the only issue should be if the prospective new buyer objects to the mileage on the car and how long overall it has been on the dealers lots exposed to normal weather, lot boy washings, and possible lot traffic/lookie lou damge etc etc. Scratched/scuffed paint or dirty shoes...
Stuff from excess lot time sitting
... ****e Happens.
True, but those possible things listed could be used as bargaining power, to cut a better deal. Either monetarily, or by repairs made for the deal..
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
True, but those possible things listed could be used as bargaining power, to cut a better deal. Either monetarily, or by repairs made for the deal..
I hear ya, but the problem is that at this point there are so few cars still available in this area that getting to tuff may work against you.
I felt a little vulnerable in making my deal as there were other Dealers trying to "dealer trade" while I was negotiating.
If you walk, you may be left out of getting a new 2011.
The other thing is as soon as the few cars left are sold and the $4000 rebate goes away, the used late model HHR's should go back up in value.

It's like being the last Shark to a feeding frenzie.

SF
Old 06-09-2011, 10:28 AM

It'll be interesting to see how fast they go.
Last time I searched for any distance it found 1400 remaining, today it shows 1080.

Not sure what percantage of dealer use that website though? Seems like all around here do.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by 11BlueJ
It'll be interesting to see how fast they go.
Last time I searched for any distance it found 1400 remaining, today it shows 1080.

Not sure what percantage of dealer use that website though? Seems like all around here do.
Can you give me that website? PMessage

Thanks SF
Old 06-09-2011, 12:38 PM

My dealership traded a Traverse LS for my HHR. They had to flatbed it from their dealership in Ohio to one in Dubuque, Iowa-do the trade, and bring mine back.

I just wanted an LS, with stick. Black was my preference, but they could only find silver.
I'm OK with it-still wanted black though.

They required a $300 deposit before I bought it, which I paid. Then, they took that $300 off of the final cost of the car... Soooo, its like I put a small advance on the vehicle.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Deceased

I can see putting a deposit on a vehicle that has to be dealer traded, that's fine because it shows you have serious intent on purchasing. When they try to make it an extra charge on top of the price, that's when they cross the line.

In your case nacademus, the dealer refunding the deposit was really an example of a dealer doing things the right way.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by nacademus
My dealership traded a Traverse LS for my HHR. They had to flatbed it from their dealership in Ohio to one in Dubuque, Iowa-do the trade, and bring mine back.

I just wanted an LS, with stick. Black was my preference, but they could only find silver.
I'm OK with it-still wanted black though.

They required a $300 deposit before I bought it, which I paid. Then, they took that $300 off of the final cost of the car... Soooo, its like I put a small advance on the vehicle.

My only question is ....

If those two "BABES" were hitch Hikin, wouldja/couldja giveum a LIFT ??