Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hi from Red Wing MN

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 12:08 PM

Also, the moonroof drain tubing can come apart from the fittings.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:52 PM

Looked over the wire harness boots and they seem to be intact, the plastic just below the windshield does have quite a bit of dirt and grime wedged in there and looks to have quite a gap in spots. unfortunately there is not much I can do in 31 degree temps. I cleaned put what I can but I doubt it will seal up in the colder weather. Maybe after driving it with the heater running (??)

I did find another issue and hopefully it is minor. left rear tail light is out. no tail light or brake light, backup light seems OK.. Right side seems OK so hopefully it is just a bulb. I noticed the turn signal today was blinking fast so I took a look. going to pick up a bulb in the morning and see if that cures the problem. New (to me) cars are sooo much fun!!
Old 11-22-2021, 11:24 AM

well, kind of minor, bulb was broken, and tail light is busted up inside. lens is OK, but the bulb and holder were taped in lace with gorilla tape, same as what is on the sun roof. I also noticed the date on the oil change sticker is 2017, and only 1400 miles on the odometer since it was changed 4 years ago. that answers a lot of questions. Owner forgot to mention that I guess.

In the cooler temps, I get a brake fluid warning on the dash at startup. I see it is not uncommon due to colder weather.
Old 11-22-2021, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Brake fluid warning was a common issue.
get that oil and filter changed, air filter, cabin air filter to!
I suggest if they ignored the engine oil then sure as shooting they neglected the coolant, a drain and fill would be sufficient .
there are bulb holders available at RockAuto or any parts palaces. It would be a good idea to replace both sides.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:09 PM

Oil looks clear as new but I know that means nothing, waiting on air and cabin filters, as well as the tail light. Bulb will get me by for now.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Here’s what to look for to replace that burnt melted bulb socket
Old 11-22-2021, 07:45 PM

That part actually looks OK, the part that that attaches to, the reflector (?) is what is broken out so I probably need the lens and reflector assembly. The one on Amazon is $25 and comes with the above part and a bulb.

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-22-2021, 11:59 PM

OF COURSE!! the bulb must have jarred lose and broke inside the housing leaving work. gotta love those speed bumps. Got stopped on the way home for no tail light or brake light on drivers side. I just put a bulb in this morning. Still had the receipt for the cop... must be a slow night!! or just looking for drunks....
Old 11-24-2021, 03:13 PM

Again the P01173 code came up. Seems like when I accelerate hard like getting on the freeway ahead of some jerk, the code shows up a few miles later. engine runs fine and everything seems OK, maybe I need some injector cleaner or cat cleaner??

and I put in a LED tail/brake bulb. Since it doesn't have a glass globe on it, maybe it will last longer. And today it came out of the tail light housing so i guess I need more duct tape until the new housing shows up.
Old 11-27-2021, 03:19 PM

Tail light assembly arrived and I got it in place... dropped the 10mm socket down into the fender, then I removed the tail light and the inside bucket dropped in the fender too. My hands are too big to go down in there so I got the socket with my 40 year old magnet on a spring, and used a coat hanger to fish the bucket out. Tried again being a bit more careful and got it all back together. Now my turn signal doesn't hyper flash, and the bulb won't break or fall out of the light assembly. The local law enforcement will have to find something else to pull me over for. (they get bored at night with nothing to do)

Quick Reply: Hi from Red Wing MN