Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Howdy! HHR Bound, Questions!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by oneton
Base LS, 1LT or 2LT all the same car with up grades some you can see others are not so easy to tell Look at sticker in clove box. There is a list on or that has the codes listed as the what they are. I'll try to find it.

Here it is https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/2008-rpo-codes-10645/
Thanks Brother!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by mkbomb
Nope...Possessed would be putting it mildly. Always loved the look of this car, and just hoping the wife will like it. She'll be the main driver. What do you think the difference in power/handling could be from a VW Routan(it's a Town & Country w VW suspension & trim)? I realize it's a different animal than a minivan...my concern is if there will be a decrease in power and comfort in the ride. Thanks!

My father actaully ownes a 08 town and country. Since i have drove it many times i can answer this. Power wise it will probably be a little slower but not much. minivan is heavier. Handleing is fairly good for what it is. For around 200 bucks you can really improve the handleing. I have cobalt ss springs in the rear which drop the back a little over an inch and tighten up the handleing. Also have added a rear sway bar. both of those combined really tightened the car up. Corners nice and flat. And both can be installed in about an hour. As far as ride quality the hhr will not ride as soft as your routan. But ride quailty is more than acceptable. Also remember one main point. Gas mileage. Your going to see a big increase. That in itself is worth a lot. I get about 27 in town and 33 on highway. Comes out to right at 30mpg average for most tanks. You will like it. They are great versatlie wagons.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by swerv0428
My father actaully ownes a 08 town and country. Since i have drove it many times i can answer this. Power wise it will probably be a little slower but not much. minivan is heavier. Handleing is fairly good for what it is. For around 200 bucks you can really improve the handleing. I have cobalt ss springs in the rear which drop the back a little over an inch and tighten up the handleing. Also have added a rear sway bar. both of those combined really tightened the car up. Corners nice and flat. And both can be installed in about an hour. As far as ride quality the hhr will not ride as soft as your routan. But ride quailty is more than acceptable. Also remember one main point. Gas mileage. Your going to see a big increase. That in itself is worth a lot. I get about 27 in town and 33 on highway. Comes out to right at 30mpg average for most tanks. You will like it. They are great versatlie wagons.
Swerv....
Just checked the gas meter on the Routan today...11 MPG!!!! So I'm hoping we'll not only lower our monthly payment on the CAR, but we should save quite a bit on gas too :)
Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM

Whoa. Id go nuts. Mine says 25.6 right now. Been horrible traffic here this week. But you will be so happy at the pump. Lol
Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Deceased

to the forum mkbomb!

Lots of great advice in the posts here, good luck with your hunt for an HHR.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
to the forum mkbomb!

Lots of great advice in the posts here, good luck with your hunt for an HHR.
Thanks 843de! I am so SO excited to go test drive and maybe GET one Saturday!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:55 PM

I bought mine as an ex rental. It was a 2011 LT with 25k miles. It drove really solid. No signs of abuse or excessive wear. I'm very happy with mine. power is modest with the 2.2 but it seems to respond well to basic mods, such as filter, plugs, intake etc. as others have mentioned stock they understeer but a set of cobalt ss springs and rear sway bar really transform it. My mileage avg around 26mpg and I live in a very mountainous area and the majority of my driving is on smaller Roads. On the highway I avg 32-34 mpg at 65-70 mph all day long. I've already made several long trips with 4-5 ppl in mine and everyone was comfortable and I'm 6'5" so I need a lot of room lol.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by prince_bigd
I bought mine as an ex rental. It was a 2011 LT with 25k miles. It drove really solid. No signs of abuse or excessive wear. I'm very happy with mine. power is modest with the 2.2 but it seems to respond well to basic mods, such as filter, plugs, intake etc. as others have mentioned stock they understeer but a set of cobalt ss springs and rear sway bar really transform it. My mileage avg around 26mpg and I live in a very mountainous area and the majority of my driving is on smaller Roads. On the highway I avg 32-34 mpg at 65-70 mph all day long. I've already made several long trips with 4-5 ppl in mine and everyone was comfortable and I'm 6'5" so I need a lot of room lol.
Thanks prince,
I'm just hoping that the initial test drive is a good experience w/o the ss springs and sway bar, which, by the way...would getting that void the chevy warranty?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:43 PM

First off even if the sway bar did, it can be removed in matter of minutes. Springs wont void anything. They are a chevrolet part fpr the cobalt.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:05 PM

I got my year old ex rental 09 for approximately half the price it was new. Had under 30k now has over 100k. Biggest expense so far was grabbing snows one year and upgrading to Eagle Gts this year for the summer. The Cadillac Catera wheels seem to suit the car so I grabbed those as well. The routine maintenance oil changes and the like all done by me in the driveway.

Oh and look into led tailights from Maggie at Race and Street . The improvement in the reverse lights is well worth the price of admission!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Howdy! HHR Bound, Questions!