Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New Guy with Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Welcome to the site Nexus Lots of great info here

Originally Posted by MeijerLPO
Welcome! Suggestion? Go back and get a 5sp SS for 260hp and a quicker jump to 300hp with mods.
The Auto is rated at 260hp just like the 5speed but restricted to to 235hp in 1st and second.
Just sayin.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by NeXuS
Thanks! yea not concerned with warranty as its already up. Is there anything i can do with my HPtuners today to get a little more power out of it with the stock setup, until i can order parts and whatnot. Just trying to do something on it since i already have HPtuners. Any place to DL Tune files on this site? and someone was saying to do an ethanol tune? i dont have e85 where im located. thanks
I believe you still should be at least under the 5 year 100,000 mile drivetrain Warranty being an 08
Unless you are over 100k
Old 04-03-2012, 01:52 PM

Theres a tuning guide on hptuner forum for the lnf which is pretty simple to follow. Just letting you know a lnf has more to do then tuning a ls1(had 98 z28 myself). A intake would do if you want to hear the stock bov and turbo spool. If you want to be like everyone esle. I did a Bov greddy type s and it is not that hard to do. Youll need a block off plate for the stock bov, upper piping with a flange of bov you are using, and a tune for it cause it will miss with your fuel trims. Some will say you will need to relocated the maf but you dont have to its all in the tune. Heres my bov:
http://youtu.be/1jtKIncodG4
Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 AM

Thanks Rob. Are you on LS1Tech, your car looks familiar.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM

Yup 98z28*****a is my user name on tech hardly on there anymore. I am on here alot more.lol
Old 04-05-2012, 07:13 AM

Thanks guys. I saw the huge air box up top. i haven't opened it, but taking the lid off.. wouldn't that let unfiltered air in? i guess i need to poke around on this thing and see whats what. And yea ill take a look on the HPTuner forum.
Not much help on the HPT forum if you have an auto. CobaltSS forum may be better but it's pretty much the same 4 or 5 people that chime in. They can help greatly with your engine but you will come up blank with the trans. There are a few good tunes in the repository but 08 and 09 ones should be used for reference only. They were still learning and if you look at newer ones posted by the same guys they are dramatically different. Unfortunately they want to be paid for there help and stopped posting tunes in to the repository a long time ago. You need to scan the forums for up to date posts to find them. Don't forget to look up Sky and Solstice tunes also. The 09 Solstice Auto has some interesting changes that GM made. Don't forget to calibrate your MAF first!
http:
//www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26756

Also great for understanding what is going on but the DAL he uses is way more linear now.
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26232
Also watch out for tunes that are E47 or E85 I don't think you ant to use their fuel tables but check the other tables 'cause there's always some eye openers there.
Don't have my laptop with me or I'd link you to some good starting points. Can't find them right now in the HPT forum but I'll keep looking.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 AM

Oh, and check your speed limiter too, I bet it's set to 132 mph.

Found it!
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=35111&page=4

Mind you it's an E47 tune but note the tables and compare to older ones. Lot's of great stuff here! Also the cam tables used if you want to disable the Cat Warmup.

I'm sure I'm not making friends with the "pay to play" crowd but don't care, they stopped responding to my posts a long time ago. I really should start a new thread with this so everyone with HPT can play.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 AM

Thanks guys. I saw the huge air box up top. i haven't opened it, but taking the lid off.. wouldn't that let unfiltered air in? i guess i need to poke around on this thing and see whats what. And yea ill take a look on the HPTuner forum.
Your getting unfiltered air from the fender well now. Big debate on the lid. Best of both worlds... Raise the lid about a half inch with spacers, then you can fit a K&N filter without crushing it. Reward, is better sucking sound, BPV, and Turbo whistle. debatable downside.. hot engine air.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum !!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Victory Red SS
Oh, and check your speed limiter too, I bet it's set to 132 mph.

Found it!
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=35111&page=4

Mind you it's an E47 tune but note the tables and compare to older ones. Lot's of great stuff here! Also the cam tables used if you want to disable the Cat Warmup.

I'm sure I'm not making friends with the "pay to play" crowd but don't care, they stopped responding to my posts a long time ago. I really should start a new thread with this so everyone with HPT can play.
I like the idea of an HPT thread. Each of us can use our post with edits as a place for others to view our work and compare notes.

Quick Reply: New Guy with Questions