The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

***Ipod Inquiry***

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

***Ipod Inquiry***

I know i have been full of questions today...which is better than being full of something else. Some of you know i went to pick up my wheels today and 150 miles from home i found an ipod in the bathroom...i know kinda gross, but it was okay. its a 30GB and it has 2005 on the back. other than a charger and Ipod USB data cable...what and how do i use one? even if it wasnt originally mine how do i get music onto it?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Ern

Its probably registered to the original owner. I know I had to register mine when I first used it with Itunes. I did see a special on dateline on how they can track stolen and missing ipods.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned

well i called apple and was on hold for 30 minutes and then transferred to another department where i was gonna be on hold for an hour. doesnt seem like its easy to return the dang thing.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Ern

Im sure if you get ahold of someone they will surely find a way to get it back to its original owner. Thats assuming you want to give it back. hehe
Old 09-03-2007, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by quest51210
I know i have been full of questions today...which is better than being full of something else. Some of you know i went to pick up my wheels today and 150 miles from home i found an ipod in the bathroom...i know kinda gross, but it was okay. its a 30GB and it has 2005 on the back. other than a charger and Ipod USB data cable...what and how do i use one? even if it wasnt originally mine how do i get music onto it?
As you said, you need the usb cable and charger from any place on the web. To get the music to the ipod, you have to download & install ITUNES.
http://www.apple.com/itunes
This should get you started and see if the ipod even works. I've worked on a number of them in the past few months.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:44 AM

Have you contacted the owner of the establishment if any called about losing something? I know if I were the one who lost an iPod, I'd want someone to return it...
Old 09-03-2007, 06:49 AM

Sorry everyone...
this is a HUGE topic that I couldn't ignore.

Quest,

If something happened to me and I had to leave my HHR outside of the men's room door with the key in it... would you take that home with you too?

Why would you even ask how to use someone else's property? Why would you bring it 150 miles further away from where that person lost it? Why not e-mail APPLE with the serial number along with the suggestion in the previous post.

So like if it were my Ipod... once you found your USB cable... would you erase my music and put your own on it? Would you even stop to think about whether I could replace any of my music? If you want a used Ipod of your own... try www.craigslist.com!

Have you ever walked through a store and had something important fall from your pocket and had a good Samaritan pick it up and say "Hey Mister... did you drop this?". Be that good Samaritan for the owner of the Ipod... because you and I both know... that you'll feel like crap each time you listen to that one.

If you do keep it... I'm glad that the only affect in my life will be to not read any of your future messages!

Walker
Old 09-03-2007, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by 1BadPig
Have you contacted the owner of the establishment if any called about losing something? I know if I were the one who lost an iPod, I'd want someone to return it...
I agree fully with you folks, but if he can get it started. A lot of folks have there full info stored in them, Name- Address- Phone. It's sometimes faster than trying to get the info from apple.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by enri9267
I agree fully with you folks, but if he can get it started. A lot of folks have there full info stored in them, Name- Address- Phone. It's sometimes faster than trying to get the info from apple.
thanks. at least someone is on the right page. from experience i know ipods and expensive phones dont get checked in at lost and found in these "malls" if you are not familiar with katy mills mall...the Bass Pro Shop is 1/8th of the mall...its huge! we tried finding a return area and the bathroom was a public bathroom for the mall not any single store. we stood in front of the bathroom for 10 minutes and then decided to keep walking.

if you had read all my posts, i have also tried calling apple. this is my 3/4th time calling apple and they have pretty much ignored me and been on hold most of last night. i guess they dont care who uses it. i also inout the serial# on multiple sites that claim they will reunite them with their owner. so if you dont read the whole thread you can STFU
Old 09-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

Keep it. Even if you turned it in to a lost and found, some employee would just jack it. Being an old 30 GB model, I'm sure the original owner just got a new 60 GB one.

You can always download iTunes and check the information screen for the iPod. You can pick up an interface cable cheap from any Wal-Mart, too.

Quick Reply: ***Ipod Inquiry***