The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: 2006 YR-1 owners only poll
Did Research
55.77%
Did Not Research (saw it-bought it)
44.23%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

2006, YR-1 owners only

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:21 AM

i spent 8 months doing my homework b4 i bought and i am happy that i did
Old 06-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
calgaryhhr, you were doing good til that last little paragragh, but we`ll over look it, this time. B/B
Yeah, I figured I should be honest. I think the car is fairly great and really cool. I've had a few problems with it and a few things rub me the wrong way. I loved having the HHR and cruising around especially when very few were on the roads here in Calgary. Now that they have multiplied like bunnies I don't feel as unique anymore and I'm starting to get a BLAH type of feeling about my ride. I think it's time to move up market and into something more solid (at least in my opinion.) Had I not purchased on impulse and done more research I probably would have not purchased at all but sometime I just can't help myself.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 PM

We bought the first one to be sold on Vancouver Island the week before we got married...impulse buying...saw it, drove it, love it,...
Now, on many occasions, I fall prey to my wifes prodding plea ...." Buy it Hon, Buy it!"...
Old 06-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lrg760
We bought the first one to be sold on Vancouver Island the week before we got married...impulse buying...saw it, drove it, love it,...
Now, on many occasions, I fall prey to my wifes prodding plea ...." Buy it Hon, Buy it!"...
Not that it is all that bad......but, it's easy to see who runs that marriage
Old 06-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Followup to my last post: By the time I was ready to buy the HHR, I was already aware of the complaints/problems reported on this site as well as other sites. Still I took the gamble - Lucky me, I only had one problem with her so far which was a shifter stuck in Park.

What I'm saying is I bought the Car knowing with both eyes open, knowing the potential for problems and knew what I wanted. ie wasn't looking for a hole in the wallet hign end/hi tech high power SUV..I'm very happy and satisfied with my purchase..so far
Old 06-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

I had just graduated from law school and was working at Sears while waiting for the bar results to come back. I was also driving all over Kansas City for job interviews and my Blazer was having major problems with the security system constantly rendering the vehicle immobile for ten minutes. I didn't have the money to fix the out-of-warranty Blazer, and I had a year and a half left to pay on it, so I started thinking about a cheap Cobalt or even an Aveo.

Saw the HHR online when I was checking out Cobalts and had to have one. There were two in town that were going for waaaay over MSRP. I contacted a friend up in Council Bluffs who worked at a Chevy lot up there. They had two and they got me hooked up with some good GMAC financing at 3.9% over 60 and traded my Blazer in for about $3000 more than my highest offer in KC. Most places would lowball my trade because of my GM discount through my Dad, so it paid to have a friend in the biz.

Picked up my car at the end of October '05, car was exactly three months old. Drove it around Omaha for a couple days for a friend's wedding and then drove it back to KC, getting 33 MPG at 80 MPH!!

Just rolled over 35,000 the other day. I've put 16,000 miles on it since this last December when I moved to southeast MO. Still love it!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:41 PM

Saw it, loved it, but didn't move because I figured that it would be as expensive as the SSR. I saw an add on MSN saying "Chevy HHR starting aT 15,995", then drove my wife nuts until I got mine...I do research at work, I bought this totally on my desire !!!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 PM

No research. Knew I couldn't afford an original. Saw them every day after they came out. I work across the street from a GM dealer. Was "tortured" continually until I could take the "plunge". Never asked about them. I came, I saw, I bought.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Uma

Well, my 2001 malibu started giving me a little trouble, so I went to the chevy dealership, I have only bought chevy's, over ten of them if not more, I looked at the Cobalt, etc. For the $$ the HHR was the deal. Being 6'3'', 300lbs, I had to make sure i could fit, LOL. Unfornately the sunroof wouldn't work, too tall. But I loved it, no test drive, Bought it, Love it to this day, I have had no problems, but still at 10,000 miles on the 2006. Could not be happier!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 AM

I was looking to trade in my 92 caravan which was starting to get terrible gas milage. I wanted another dodge minivan, but YIKES! the prices. I checked the PT Cruiser, then remembered the HHR, did a comparision and by far the HHR was the better deal. When you compare the standard equipment on both, the HHR wins over and over.. Still loveing my HHR.

Some people say Chevy is copying the PT, surprise on them, the guy that designed the PT went over to the better company, C H E V R O L E T

Quick Reply: 2006, YR-1 owners only