The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Adobe offering CS3 for $299! Time to upgrade, said I

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:38 PM

Adobe offering CS3 for $299! Time to upgrade, said I

I know a number of folks in the forum have a great time photoshopping our car pics and making banners, etc. Just thought I'd pass this along since the deal is for only a short time and is a genuine good one.

Pleas don't take this as SPAM, I'm only trying to let folks know since usually Photoshop is so darn expensive, most of us just pass on it. I had to get it. No chrome for me for a while. But I can better massage the pics I take of what I have

Anyway , here's the info:

They are running a special for folks who register a copy of Elements 1-5.

$299.00 for the upgrade. I went to the phone and got Adobe to sell me Elements and CS3 . $80.00 for the elements and $299.00 for the CS3. I will simply unlock the CS3 with the Elements S# as they instructed. No need to even install Elements.
Good deal and a great update from what I was using.

The sales person I got was great and worked hard with me looking into my old email addresses to see if my old Elements was still registered in their data base. It was not or I could not remember what email address I used five years back when I had a computer with a registered copy of Element s on it. Oh well, I had to buy another copy of Elements to qualify, so I did.

This is a copy of the info from an email:

* The $299USD price offer for Adobe Photoshop CS3 software is available only to licensed users of Photoshop Elements 1.0–5.0 and Adobe Photoshop Elements plus Adobe Premiere Elements bundle who purchase the full version of Photoshop CS3 directly from Adobe.

** The $649USD price offer for Adobe Photosohop CS3 Extended software is available only to licensed users of Photoshop Elements 1.0–5.0 and Adobe Photoshop Elements plus Adobe Premiere Elements bundle who purchase the full version of Photoshop CS3 Extended directly from Adobe.

Each of the prices is redeemable only with your unique promotion code used on Adobe.com or when you call customer service. When purchasing via Adobe.com, you must enter the promotion code into the shopping cart and click “update” prior to checking out. Offer begins 8/27/2007 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT 9/16/2007. Limit one copy of Adobe Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended per customer. Offer is not valid to owners of Photoshop Album, Photoshop Limited Edition, or PhotoDeluxe. Offer is not valid to education or volume licensing customers as well as resellers. Prices are in U.S. dollars. All prices are available from the Adobe.com store and by calling 1-800-585-0774 and are valid in the U.S. and Canada only, excluding Quebec. Applicable local sales taxes may apply and shipping may apply. Allow 2–3 weeks for software delivery. Offer subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Void where prohibited.

It seems any copy of elements 1-5 will qualify, so call them if you have any questions.
Oh I also updated to Lightroom 1.1.
A good Adobe day. Now to put in that faster processor!

Take care and happy Photpshopping
--
Best,
Robert