The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Which all in one printer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by mistermike
I'll be buying a high end Epson professional printer soon for my photography, but I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with one for day-to-day document printing. Absolutely highest ink cost in the business and most of your ink gets dumped into the sponge as it constantly cleans itself...
Sure does, I just finished printing out my tax forms, and the cartridges I replaced a few months ago, and haven't done much printing with since, are half empty. All 4 are at the same level, but everything I've printed has been black, with maybe a few color logos and hyperlinks, but the ink's either gone to cleaning, or it's misreported...Still, this CX4200 did cost me -$00.05 after rebates (3 overlapping offers), so I've got a way to go to make up the cost in ink. Scanner's really good, except that every speck of dust on the photos I'm scanning shows up.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:52 PM

If you are not faxing and need the scanning or copying, think about a scanner.

To copy you scan in the copy and print it. simple and less expensive.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:22 PM

direct buy???

or buy direct ??? i think that is the site i ordred mine from. i think i got a good price on a x7675 lexmark wireless. i don't know how good of a printer it is. it seems ok to me so far. i called the lexmark hotline for help setting up. they spoke good clear english ad made it sooo easy. the customer service was the best. i think it was about $124 for a all in one , or 4 in one wireless printer. shipping was fast and free .i read a few reviews before i bought it.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pg318
Sure does, I just finished printing out my tax forms, and the cartridges I replaced a few months ago, and haven't done much printing with since, are half empty. All 4 are at the same level, but everything I've printed has been black, with maybe a few color logos and hyperlinks, but the ink's either gone to cleaning, or it's misreported...Still, this CX4200 did cost me -$00.05 after rebates (3 overlapping offers), so I've got a way to go to make up the cost in ink. Scanner's really good, except that every speck of dust on the photos I'm scanning shows up.

PROBABLY....If you have color cartridge (s) AND a black cartridge....unless you select "Draft" or "Gray Scale" before printing the "Best Quality" BLACK printing is done by combining/using ALL THE COLORS OF THE MULTI-COLOR CARTRIDGES to get black. Also if you have BLACK listed as the DEFAULT method, the black cartridge only will be used.

At leaast that is the method employed by my Hewlett Packards. I"m guessing maybe the same with other printers....owners book should explain this.