The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Anybody here surf ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:32 AM

Anybody here surf ?

When I was growing up on the Jersey Shore,my sister and I surfed.I am now,many years later,thinking about buying a board and occasionally doing it again.Although the Gulf Coast normally does not have much in the way of rideable waves,there is always the possibility of a tropical storm generating some good surf for a few days.I have visited a surf shop down at Panama City Beach and found a beautiful new style of longboard.It has a wood veneer over the foam core and under the fiberglass.I think that one of these just might end up on top of Rebel Grey soon.I will try to post a link about these beautiful new boards.HB http://beckersurf.com/Products.asp?p...ubgroup_id=443 I like the 9' Robert August "What I Ride" model.I think that would be a good one for an old man with a mid-life crisis.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Founding Member

I know SoCalHHR's Mike surfs!

Old 03-18-2007, 10:04 AM

Wonder where he got those racks...I like them.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Hey there...

Spent many college years surfing off the east coast of Florida usually just south of the Cocoa Beach area south to Satellite Beach.

Been about two years since I've been down that way but looking to go back soon.

LOVE THOSE ROBERT AUGUST BOARDS!!! Nothing like a classic wood longboard...

I have a variety of makes but always preferred the shorter boards for quick turns. I have 6 boards in my collection which include a couple Ron Jon boards along with Oneill, Wayne Lynch Freestyle and Lucas. I've purchased most of my boards from Quiet Flight Boards and Ron Jons in Cocoa Beach. Unfortunately, I am landlocked here in the Midwest for now but still get away to the Florida east coast to get my fix.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
Hey there...

Spent many college years surfing off the east coast of Florida usually just south of the Cocoa Beach area south to Satellite Beach.

Been about two years since I've been down that way but looking to go back soon.

LOVE THOSE ROBERT AUGUST BOARDS!!! Nothing like a classic wood longboard...

I have a variety of makes but always preferred the shorter boards for quick turns. I have 6 boards in my collection which include a couple Ron Jon boards along with Oneill, Wayne Lynch Freestyle and Lucas. I've purchased most of my boards from Quiet Flight Boards and Ron Jons in Cocoa Beach. Unfortunately, I am landlocked here in the Midwest for now but still get away to the Florida east coast to get my fix.
That's cool...the last board I owned was a 9' Bunger Pintail made at Charlie Bunger's shop up in Long Island.My sister sold it at a yard sale when I was in the Army overseas.I was mad at her for a while about that,but she feels worse because she sold her Duke Kahanamoku at the same time and now that board is worth thousands as a collectors item. Anyhow,I sure am looking forward to getting back into it again,as long as my back can stand it.http://www.bungersurf.com/
Old 03-20-2007, 03:38 PM

does attempting to snowboard, flying down a hill, and surfing across the top of a semi-frozen lake till the ice broke count??
Old 03-20-2007, 08:56 PM

This is not a joke but we sand surf here in southern Utah. Same idea but not much water here.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member

Ouch, must hurt when you wipe out !!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:28 PM

Whenever I need an escape I go surfing at the beaches around Wilmington, NC. I'm still trying to find the time to get some surfing in at the Outer Banks.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Airborne_Beachbum
Whenever I need an escape I go surfing at the beaches around Wilmington, NC. I'm still trying to find the time to get some surfing in at the Outer Banks.
Airborne,dude...Airborne!!